Marin Council Yoda Patch

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
It's 2005, and you know what that means: a National Jamboree and another cool Star Wars patch. What? :confused:

Long story short: Boy Scouts wear patches indicating what Council they belong to. This year is a National Jamboree (think C3 for scouts, held every 4 years), and special Council Patches are made for the event. Patch trading is a big deal, and cool patches are highly sought after. Marin Council (Marin County, CA) traditionally makes Star Wars themed patches. They also now sell them online to support the organization. This year's patch is now online for purchase. While not cheap, you are making a donation and getting a cool patch.

Obviously, if you were never in scouts, this is hardly a worthwhile investment, but they are cool to look at and I thought I'd share.

I went to the 1997 Jamboree and it took me two years to track down that years SW patch. Last time they sold them online, and i bought the cheap version. For a larger donation, you could get "limited" version with different colored borders. This time around there are 4 versions: 3 background colors, available as a set or random singles, and a limited Eagle Scout version. If you are an Eagle Scout, you can get it half price.

Click on the link to see the last two patches as well.

http://www.marinjamboree.org/shop.php

3set.gif