[Macintosh] Two new Star Wars games

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Just in case there's any other Mac users around here ...

Just before Christmas it was announced that there will be a Mac version of Empire at War and last week at the San Francisco Mac Expo they announced the Mac version of Lego Star Wars II (hopefully to be finished in late February).

YIPPEE!! :D
It's just a darn nuisance that they don't announce these things a lot earlier - I've already wasted money buying the Windows versions and now I have to buy the Mac version instead. :(

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Empire at War is an ok game (haven't played the Lego game). My only problem with Empire at War was that it became a little too repetitive after you've played several games. So, while I wouldn't put it on my all-time list, it was a fun game while it lasted.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There is an expansion pack for the Windows version of Empire at War called Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, but I have no idea if it make much difference to the game or not. As usual, this "expansion pack" will probably be included with the first release of the Mac version. :)

The only movies I see at the cinema are "Star Wars" ones, and the only games I buy are "Star Wars" ones - I've got every game released for the Mac and almost all the "missing" ones in Windows format (plus a couple of other console games) ... but I rarely have time to play games so have never even installed most of them. :(

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Buzz Bumble;72109 said:
Just in case there's any other Mac users around here ...

Just before Christmas it was announced that there will be a Mac version of Empire at War and last week at the San Francisco Mac Expo they announced the Mac version of Lego Star Wars II (hopefully to be finished in late February).

YIPPEE!! :D
It's just a darn nuisance that they don't announce these things a lot earlier - I've already wasted money buying the Windows versions and now I have to buy the Mac version instead. :(
You don't have Bootcamp yet?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Boot Camp ... I don't even have an Intel Mac nor Mac OS X. My Mac is eight/nine years old now - another reason I haven't installed any of the newer games. Apart from a fewer websites that are too "fancy", this computer still works perfectly well. :)