[Macintosh] Knights of the Old Republic announced

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From MacNN.com ...

Aspyr debuts Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Monday, May 3, 2004 @ 12:40pm

Aspyr Media today announced Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) is coming to Mac. KOTOR is being developed internally by Aspyr, and is due to be completed this August: "Set over 4,000 years before the first Star Wars film, KOTOR throws players into a galactic war between the Jedi and the Sith. Taking the action to a time period not seen in the Lucas Arts’ films, KOTOR introduces new stories, new characters, new species and news areas of the universe." KOTOR ($50) offers the familiar Star Wars staples, including dozens of offensive, defensive and enhancing Force powers and customizable light sabers, etc.

From Aspyr.com ...
Macintosh Version Only
It is four thousand years before the Galactic Empire and hundreds of Jedi Knights have fallen in battle against the ruthless Sith. As the last hope of the Jedi, you must lead a band of freedom fighters in an epic struggle to save the galaxy. Can you master the awesome power of the Force on your quest to save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, savior or conqueror...you must choose wisely as you alone will determine the destiny of the entire galaxy!

Features:
  • Immersive, action-packed Star Wars role-playing experience with customizable and evolving playable characters.
  • Choose from nine customizable characters to build your party of three adventurers, including humans, droids, Twi'leks, Wookiees and more.
  • Journey spans seven different worlds including Tatooine, Sith world of Korriban, Jedi Academy on Dantooine and Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk.
  • Build your party and upgrade your equipment in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk. Fast paced mini-games -- such as racing swoop bikes, or manning turret guns.

WOO-HOO!!! :D
Now I just need to ditch the silly Windows version I bought a few months ago (I knew I should have waited a bit longer) ... and get a new Mac with enough power to run actually these new games.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
:guns:

Of course they make games for the Mac. Some are even Mac-only or Mac-first games ... and usually we get the WHOLE package at one price (with "enhanced graphics", even if it is six months later), rather than having to separately buy the game now and the expansion in three months time. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From MacMinute.com ...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic in stores Oct. 1
Aspyr said today that the Mac version of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has shipped and will be available in stores nationwide by October 1. "The critically acclaimed KOTOR takes place in the popular Old Republic timeframe, 4,000 years prior to the Star Wars films, in an era dominated by an epic conflict between Jedi and the evil Sith. Your actions determine the fate of an entire galaxy as you build your party, travel to seven enormous worlds, interact with new Star Wars characters and creatures and even create your own lightsaber." The game is priced at US$49.99.
This is going to be an expensive few weeks - first the Trilogy DVDs and now KotOR. Then all I need is to buy a DVD player to watch the DVDs and a new Mac with good enough specs to play the game on (not to mention some actual game-playing skills). :rolleyes: