[Macintosh] Jedi Academy announced

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
WOO-HOO!! :D

From Inside Mac Games ...
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Announced
Aspyr today announced that it will be publishing the Macintosh version of Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, the latest installment of the highly acclaimed and popular Jedi Knight series. Jedi Academy allows players to immerse themselves in the classic Star Wars universe as they take on the role of a student eager to learn the ways of the Force from Master Luke Skywalker. In the game, players interact with famous classic Star Wars locations and characters while facing the ultimate choice: fight for good and freedom in the light side or follow the path of power and evil to the dark side.

Here's some other features of Jedi Academy:
  • • Players can create their own characters by defining various characteristics, such as species, gender, clothing and physical attributes allowing for a more personal experience before entering the academy to learn the powers - and dangers - of the Force.

• Construct your own lightsaber from handle to blade color. Utilize two if you prefer or try the ultimate dual-bladed lightsaber made famous by Darth Maul.

• Unique tiered level selection allows players to choose their adventure and the missions they take based on the skills they need to become the ultimate Jedi Knight.

• Additional multiplayer modes add depth to the Dark Forces/Jedi Knightlegacy. Players can partake in a variety of unique modes.

• New vehicles, weapons and Star Wars environments enhance playersStar Wars experience.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is being ported to the Mac by Brad Oliver, a recent addition to Aspyr's internal development team. The game is currently in beta and is expected to be released by the end of the year or early 2004.
Whew! I was just thinking about buying the Windoze version too - that was a lucky escape. :)

Dark Jedi

Banned
Buzz, you HAVE to buy it, It's kinda borin playing multiplayer with a bunch of people you don't know, so once you buy it, tell me, I guess then I will play you in multiplayer

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I was trying to find a decent price over the weekend, so will probably buy Jedi Academy (Mac) and Knight of the Old Republic (PC - yuck!) soon.

BUT, I very rarely have time to play games - I haven't even got around to installing Jedi Outcast ... in fact, I haven't got around to properly playing Rebel Assault (copyright 1993). Not to mention that a s-l-o-w dial up modem connection and limited online time does not make for happy gaming. :(

Dark Jedi

Banned
Oh, well aint that just fine...well that's too bad, maybe you can order it..PS. You should swich to Windows or Linux, they both run much better than Mac, and as for the slow internet connection, don't use dial-up or AOL, highspeed sympatico, or shaw is good

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Nope "Mac is best!" - Windoze is just an inferior copy which I luckily avoid 99.9% of the time. :D

Although the new Macs do run MacOS X, a "Unix-based" monstorsity of an operating system and not the original clean, well design one. :(

We don't have "sympatico, or shaw" and ADSL, wireless and satelitte connections are far too expensive thanks to a Microsoft-like monopoly over the telephone system here. It costs at least twice as much as dial-up just to get a slow (non-broadband) ADSL connection ... and they're traffic capped, so you pay more if you download "too much"! :mad: