Looking for Brian or Kevin Hurt, custom job needed

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
If Kevin or Brian gets this, I am in need of a professional looking custom card.

I want a Bounty Hunter ( from the video game) cardfront and cardback made for a Jango Fett (Kamino Escape sculpt). I will supply a carded figure. What I want to know is what the charge may be for work like this. Please give me a quote and I'll see what I can do.
E-mail: droidmeister1@wmconnect.com

Thank you

JediDaxter
David

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
JediDaxter said:
What I want to know is what the charge may be for work like this. Please give me a quote and I'll see what I can do.

I suppose that is a nice thought but we don't do any of this for money ... but we may be able to help you out.

i'm going to need some more specifics so i can get a better picture in my head of what it is you are looking for. Since we're using the Jango (kamino escape) i assume we are reusing that bubble? Are you looking for a card back that resembles the Saga Style (blue, big SW logo, custom insert)? can you link me to an image of the "bounty hunter" that you like?

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
I am looking for something with a design in mind like the Sandtroopers.com custom cards you designed for them. I do want to use the Kamino Escape Jango Fett sculpt, using the same bubble that it comes in. As for the card, I want it in a black color, with a holographic blue Tauntaun skull emblem. I have the game for GameCube and I've fallen in love with it. If you've played the game, hopefully you'll know what I'm talking about. I don't have a camara so I'm not able to take any photos. I'll have to buy a carded Jango. I don't have one to mail you at this time. When I do get one, I'll e-mail you for an address that I can ship it to. I'm not able to make my own cards, and my computer system is very basic Windows 95. I'm planning to buy me a brand new system where I'll be able to create my own cards. Until then, my computer is only good for internet.

Thank you.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
ok, you mentioned the bounty hunter game, so i was thinking you wanted something that resembled that packaging, but it sounds more like you want a black cardback with the fett logo and maybe the "bounty hunter" logo.

i might have a spare kamino escape fett that i could sell you at cost ($5) which would save you from having to buy one and ship it to me.

here are some images for reference ... tell me what you like and don't like about them and if i'm following what you want.

gcbountyhunter.jpg

fettskull.gif

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
AmShak said:
ok, you mentioned the bounty hunter game, so i was thinking you wanted something that resembled that packaging, but it sounds more like you want a black cardback with the fett logo and maybe the "bounty hunter" logo.

i might have a spare kamino escape fett that i could sell you at cost ($5) which would save you from having to buy one and ship it to me.

here are some images for reference ... tell me what you like and don't like about them and if i'm following what you want.

gcbountyhunter.jpg

fettskull.gif

Man, you are good, Amshak. I want the card color, front and back, in the black. Perhaps add the gold side bar like the 04 Saga and have it say Star Wars. Then where the Star Wars would be, have Bounty Hunter there in the text style as on the cover of game package. Then have the skull image, the skull that same as the one here as a fede background image, like what was done with the silver Boba Fett. On the back, if you can, have the flying Jango as also pictured on the front of the package. I want the story on the back to be the exact as in the instuction guide, if possible. Then please put 'Coming Soon! Montross, Jango's Arch Enemy!

I'm going to start on making a custom Montross figure for me. I'll pay the $5 for the Jango. When you are done, just e-mail me and I'll mail you the money. I'd also like to get some pics after It has been completed.

Thank you very much.

David H

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I want the story on the back to be the exact as in the instuction guide, if possible.

i don't have this gae, so you will have to send this to me.

i think i'm following you so ar and none of this should be a problem, but i have a question about the back of the card.... it sounds like we would be better making the back of the card resemble one of the silver figure's cards instead of trying to make it look like a saga card back. is this what you are thinking?

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
You can choose which will be easier for you. I had originally wanted it to resemble the saga back of the card. Here's the story from the guide. You may edit out parts for length:

Jango fett's background and exploits are mired in legend, with few verifiable facts-perhaps by design.
Oe such story: As a boy, Jango was orphaned when his family was caught in the cross fire between the terrifying Mandalorian Warriors and their rivals, the Death Watch, on the planet Concord Dawn. A sympathetic Mandalorian commander named Jaster Mereel took pity on Jango and made him a cadet. Soon he was traveling with the nomadic army-for-hire as they toured the galaxy looking for conflict, always in the service of the highest bidder. Over time, Jango rose through the ranks. When Jaster Mereel was killed in battle, Jango was named commander, the youngest in the long history of the notorious mercenary army.
Since ancient times, Mandalorians were brutally effective fighters, and especially so under Jango Fett's leadership. However, while fighting to suppress a popular revolt in the Galidraan system, the Mandalorians ran afoul of the Jedi Knights, who wiped out most of the mercenary army and delivered the survivors to the governor of Galidraan. Jango became a slave, but he used the next several years to regain his strength and plot his eventual escape. He exacted revenge on his captors, reclaimed his Mandalorian armor and set off on his own as a Bounty Hunter.
Armed with dual blasters, a missile-equipped jetpack, and a host of other deadly tools of the trade, Jango Fett is now among the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy.

Drop me a line if you have anymore suggestions. I am all open for it.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i don't have an extra kamino jango, so we'll have to figure something out for that.

now ....

this is just a starting point to see if i'm going in the direction you have imagined. this is a small version of what i think you want, so tell me what you like and don't like and then we'll move on. (anyone can add their comments).

the main question that i have is do you want to try and work in an image of jango on the cardback (front) or just have an image of him on the insert and on the cardback (back).

Attachments

• bountyhuntertemp1 copy.jpg
    bountyhuntertemp1 copy.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 387

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
Oh my goodness! It kicks a$$. I love it! That is very, very close to what I had in mind. I do want the bubble insert different than the saga, something geared more towards the game. I also like the skull image on the front. If you have a Jango image or something that you want to add to the back of the card, something like the newer silver figure cards, that will be great. No problem with the Jango. Hopefully the is weekend I can have my first paycheck and will be able to order one and then mail it to you. I might send a couple, so I can pass one to my friend. Talk to you soon.

JediDaxter

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
if you wanted to try and get an image of jango on the front of the card, other than whatever ends up on the insert, we could do something like this ......

Attachments

• bountyhuntertemp2.jpg
    bountyhuntertemp2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 409

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
here are some sample inserts ......

Attachments

• inserttest1.jpg
    inserttest1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 360
  • inserttest2.jpg
    inserttest2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 384
  • inserttest3.jpg
    inserttest3.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 364

JediDaxter

Am I lovable? Hope so.
I love the second card style, Amshak. I would like to get one on the first style, then a second on this style. I like the first insert choice, with the staring helmet. Use it on both. I'll let you know when I have the Jango(s) to mail to you. Thanks so much. I'd hug you if you were standing next to me right now. I am hoping I will be able to get the two next week. I found them online for $5.99. Not a bad price, so I will be able to afford them. I picked up a really cheap camara, so I'm starting on my little site. Talk to you soon.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i'm using that dark blue on the insert because that's the color on the insert that i'm usuing as a guide. that could be any color if you have any suggestions.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Here is the Card Front, Card Back and Insert that i suggest using.
any thoughts on changes that might need to be made?

Attachments

• JangoFettFront1.jpg
    JangoFettFront1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 401
  • JangoFettBack1.jpg
    JangoFettBack1.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 399
  • JangoFettInsert1.jpg
    JangoFettInsert1.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 388

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the card back is a combination of the current saga cardback and the silver figure cardback with the fett image from the "bounty hunter" game.

mynock11

Sith Medic
Amshak, that is some fenominal work what was the final cost and time taken to do that kinda work? I would love to do a custom one for myself buti dot have the ability or the know how. anyway that is awsome work as usual with you!!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Thanks

the cost will be small. materials to remove the glue and paper from the existing bubble, glue to re-apply the bubble to the new cardback and some cardstock for the cardback and the insert. the time involved can vary. maybe i'll do some step by step images when i do this one.

DarkJediCB

Sith Trooper
Awesome work, Brian! I wish I had the know how and the time to do that stuff. I hope you are able to do step-by-step instructions when you do this one. It would be great to see. Keep up the great work.