Links to Clone Wars cartoons

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
No new episode information / links today (yet), but I did stumble across this message posted by someone called "Jaguar" which points to some backgrounds (desktop wallpaper) images that can be downloaded:
TheForce.net has pointed out that you can download two hidden Clone Wars backgrounds from the Cartoon Network site. They are slightly hidden though. While in both Jedi and Sith mode there is a blinking light next to the "More" button. Clicking on it, and then on the panel that is revealed will give you a free background from each mode.

For your convenience, here are some direct links:
:)

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Anyone had trouble downloading Chapter 16? I've downloaded it twice now and it's been corrupted both times. It's taking forever on 56K as well. Wonder why it's double the size than usual because it's no longer.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Sorry, I'm only just about to start on Chapter 12 because I'm also on a s-l-o-w 56K modem too. At this rate I might get up to Chapter 16 by Christmas 2007. :(

Chapter 17 links added above. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Y'know......I'm not sure what you two are complaining about. I'm currently trying to download Chapter 7 on my 28k modem. I'll have Ch. 20 downloaded just in time to drive over to Best Buy and buy em all on DVD. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There's tons of people thanking Dr Gonzo for his good work, and I'm another one, even if it will take me a month of Thursdays to download the episodes. :)

Chapter 18 links (and some missing episode names) added above - only two more episodes to go.

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Ok I've downloaded Chapter 16 yet Quicktime 6 says it can't play the file even though it's in .mov format :(

All the rest work though. Very odd.

Durge

Under the Armor
Thank you, by the time I wake up in the morning I will be able to watch all the cartoons !

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Chapter 19 links added above. :)

It looks like I'll have to do some editing to fit Chapter 20 - the message is complaining about being over the character limit. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Chapter 20 links added above ... and it's the biggest filesize!
97meg, which means it'll take about 291mins (4 hours 51mins!) to download for those like me on a 56K modem. (That's around 10 hours for darthskelington on 28K). :shocked:

The final quote goes to our "benefactor", Dr Gonzo: :worship:
Th-th-that's all folks!

:D

joewhite

New Recruit
Man!!! I just got around to watching all the new episodes. I just gotta say that the last four (17-19) had me on the edge of my seat more that Attack of the Clones did! Great job by that Samurai Jack creator! And I doubted him.....my bad!!!! But, I still don't understand (or should I say haven't read up on why) they insist on making 5 minute cartoons instead of full length, 30 minute shows.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
30 minute ones would obviously have taken longer (and been more expensive) to make, so maybe they did them as shorts to get them on air around the mid-point in the wait between Episode II and Episode III.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
OK, so I'm a bit slow on the up-take.

I've just noticed that the filenames (between the "st_" and "_dl.mov") for the normal audio .mov files are like personalised number plates on cars:
  • Chapter 1 = st_t4t00ne_dl.mov ..... Tatooine
  • Chapter 2 = st_c0rus4t_dl.mov ..... Coruscant
  • Chapter 3 = st_sp33dr_dl.mov ..... Speeder
  • Chapter 4 = st_y0dazhm_dl.mov ..... Yoda (Zahm?)
  • Chapter 5 = st_xwng_dl.mov ..... X-wing
  • Chapter 6 = st_flc0n_dl.mov ..... Falcon
  • Chapter 7 = st_4mdla_dl.mov ..... Amidala
  • Chapter 8 = st_l314_dl.mov ..... Leia
  • Chapter 9 = st_c53wbc4_dl.mov ..... Chewbacca
  • Chapter 10 = st_dths7rr_dl.mov ..... Death Star
  • Chapter 11 = st_0bi1_dl.mov ..... Obi-Wan
  • Chapter 12 = st_50l0_dl.mov ..... Solo
  • Chapter 13 = st_drg3_dl.mov ..... Durge
  • Chapter 14 = st_d00ku_dl.mov ..... Dooku
  • Chapter 15 = st_m4c3_dl.mov ..... Mace
  • Chapter 16 = st_ywng_dl.mov ..... Y-Wing
  • Chapter 17 = st_4kbr_dl.mov ..... Ackbar
  • Chapter 18 = st_r2d2rulz_dl.mov ..... R2-D2 Rules
  • Chapter 19 = st_5kywlkr_dl.mov ..... Skywalker
  • Chapter 20 = st_gr3vs_dl.mov ..... Grievous
:D

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Jedi Daniel said:
Anyone had trouble downloading Chapter 16? I've downloaded it twice now and it's been corrupted both times. It's taking forever on 56K as well. Wonder why it's double the size than usual because it's no longer.

I got Chapter 16 with no problems, but now Chapters 17 to 20 are all coming up "File not found". :toed: :(

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Buzz, you're a wonder :) Nice one.

Probably this is posted elsewhere, but here's a link to a functional download for the ROTS Trailer ;)

This has the teaser and main trailer, each in hi and low res, catering for all generations of bandwidth.