Leo's SW auction

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Titanic star Leonardo DiCaprio is auctioning off his SW collection here. The live auction starts this Thursday! He's got some good stuff there...

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
What?!?!? You mean I've got something in common with Leonardo DiCaprio?!?! :eek:
Oh no! The shame! The horror! The humanity! Now we'll all have to find a decent hobby not tainted by him. :crying:

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
It doesn't look like you'll have it in common anymore. :p

I wonder why he's selling it...you think he could afford the storage space.

mynock11

Sith Medic
thats a good question WC i would like to know the answer also .... i wonder if he has a website that maybe we find out... also would like to know how long he has been collecting...dont ask me why i want to know just curious i guess.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i would have guessed that it might have been for charity, but after looking around, i see nothing to indicate that.
i have seen celebs sell off collections in the past for charity and was actually at the auction when nicolas cage sold his comic book collection ... everything supposedly going to charity.
so, if this were the case here, i would assume that they would advertise that .... but, i also don't really see him doing it for the money either.
:confused:

Barada

Saboteur
According to other sites, this is indeed for charity.

It's not just Star Wars either. Apparently, Leo collected every major toy line from the 70's/80's.

Considering his career lately, you'd think he'd just be selling them for an income. ;)

Barada