Lars' Homestead

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I picked up the Lars' Homestead playset at Toys R Us this past week. They had a coupon for 15% off one item, which brought it down to a somewhat more reasonable price.

Overall, it's a very nice looking set in or out of the package. As far as getting your money's worth for it, that's a bit of a stretch. For your money, you get:

Owen Lars (nearly identical to previous release, perhaps slightly darker beard)
Beru Lars (also nearly identical, the spots on her collar seem smaller this time)
Sandtrooper (new - vintage style body, sprayed dirt weathering, black pauldron)
Womp Rat - all new....pretty cool
Moisture Vaporator - mine isn't handy, so I assume it is very similar to the previous release
Homestead building - very nice
Homestead base - flimsy plastic - similar I imagine to Palitoy bases.

The base is really cheap...if you gave this to a child they would destroy it within a week. Everything else is sturdy. The base also has a dining table attached to it, so you can recreate the dinner scene, even though that was in a different part of the house. In the movie, this was actually little more than a covered stairwell leading down to the courtyard.

Overall, a nice package, but lacking in added value, epecially for long-term collectors who already have Owen and Beru.

In my opinion, what this needs to flesh it out more woudl be: accesories for Beru (blue milk pitcher, etc), another different Womp Rat, another Moisture Vaporator or other homestead accessory, another sandtrooper OR a NEW droid...perhaps a treadwell. Lastly, it needs charred skeletons.

Alternately, it could have all the above critters and structures, but this time have AOTC Beru, Owen, and Cliegg Lars in a hoverchair. Substitute charred skeletons for a trio of tombstones.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Great Review Skel! I haven't collected any new figures or playsets in months! the prices for action figures has gone mad! :eek: Even with the Hasbro coupons and discounts it's still quite exspensive. I remember when they used to be like $5.45 each! Ahhhh. Those were the days. But not as good as back in 1977 when they were like $1.99! :eek: And look how much they go for now! upwards of $20,000.

Sorry for the ramblings! :eek: Can't wait to see this set in-person.

RYAN-J

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I got one an few weeks ago and pretty much what DS said. The base is cheap, but the Homestead is nice. I read somewhere that originally it suppose to be two sandtroppers. :( Overall it is a nice piece, but still it could have been better with more accesories for the same price.

Can't wait for the upcoming Salacc Pit set. :) Although I haven't heard nothing about it in months. Has anyone heard something about this one?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Just yesterday some friends on teh Yahoo group reported spotting the Target Ultimate Battle Packs. Yes, packs. Apparently few months ago this was reported, but it's news to me. Target has TWO exclusive battle packs (DPCI # 087-06-2070). $62.99 ea.

Sarlacc Pit (with sarlacc, repainted skiff, and figures)
Battle of Christophsis (animated style figures with Blue AAT Tank)

The Christophsis set MAY be a total repack....as all the figures are vailable carded and the blue tank is supposed to be released separately. I'll have to see one before I can make a judgement on whether it's new or not.

Anyway, my Target has yet to receive these, but I'll keep you updated. I'm definitely getting the Sarlacc.