Kelloggs Lightsaber Spoon

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
As the first in promo in the build-up to Episode III, the Kelloggs breakfast cereal company are now giving away a 'Lightsaber Spoon' here in New Zealand (and probably Australia, maybe elsewhere too).

You get a small Lightsaber handle and a small plastic semi-trnasparent spoon that clips on the top. Then you can push a button on the handle and the spoon lights up. :rolleyes:

It lights up red, so it must be a Sith Spoon. ;)

The whole thing is just over 16cm long. I'll try scanning it at the weekend when I've got more time. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, well how about this...all teh Frosted Flakes that came to my store... no spoon inside. They screwed up. :( None in teh box I bought, and none in the two damaged boxes I've seen in the back room.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I've gotten 2 Red and 1 Green :)

Cool idea... makes me feel like a kid again opeing up the box just for the toy inside... except now I get the toy and my kids eat the cereal. Looking for a blue one... guess we'll keep eating...

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
I got a red one. I've seen the "complete set" sell for almost $50 on eBay! Un-freakin'-real!!!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here in New Zealand when you buy the appropriate box of cereal you take / are given a small plastic bag with the Lightsaber Spoon in it ... it's not in the cereal box at all. :)

One lady I work with was given two Lightsaber Spoons for her kids when she bought her Lotto ticket (or perhaps a scratch ticket) at her local Lotto shop.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Found a surprise waiting for me at work today. The receiving manager set aside a Kellogg's display for me, unused. :D

It's a topper to some sort of display promoting the saber spoons. It's three dimensional (or as 3D as cardboard gets) and is about 3 feet wide by 3 feet tall. The big green spoon is supposed to go in front of Vader's saber.

I also got a free red saber spoon from a damaged box of Pops :)

Oh..the box for the display also had two small cardboard spoon ads to be hung on the side of cereal aisles. The shipping box stated it was to be shipped from March through June, and to be trashed in July.

Attachments

• saber spoon display.jpg
    saber spoon display.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 2,259

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I saw a TV advert for the Lightsaber Spoon promotion here today. It said the spoon was only inside 1 in 3 packs. Greedy marketing strikes again. :(

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
If you check the sides, front and back of the boxes Buzz, you can sometimes feel the round part of the spoon thru it. i've done that a few times and all three boxes i thought had one, was right....only two red and a blue so far....