Jeopardy 3 Official Rules - Next Saturday!!!

Barada

Saboteur
jeopardysmall.gif
III​

Star Wars Jeopardy...III will take place next Saturday at 6:00 pm EST. For anyone in Australia, that is actually Sunday morning at 8:00 AM, and for those in the UK, it's Saturday night at 11:00 pm.

Please remember that once the game begins, it will be easier to get through it if no one is typing between the asking of each question and its answer.

Also, you'll want to remember to keep two windows open. One for the chat room, where questions and answers will be done, and one for the game board, to review topics, and see which questions have yet to be answered.

Now for the rules.

1. Anyone can enter at any point in the game.

2. There will be five topics in Round 1. Each topic will have three questions, each one progressively harder. The first will be easy, and the third may require a search, although I won't make them too obscure. Points will be assigned to the three levels of difficulty (100, 200, & 300). The topics will be displayed in a 'Jeopardy' inspired game board posted in the Contests and Games forum.

3. I will start the game with topic #1 question #1, by typing the question in the chat room. The first person to answer correctly will get to choose the next topic and point total. This will continue until all three questions for each topic have been revealed.

4. After each question has been asked, the first person to answer correctly will receive the corresponding points, and I will keep a record of totals. If an incorrect answer is given, that number of points will be deducted, to prevent a guessing game. (note: I will accept misspellings, but not abbreviations. ex. I will take mileniam falcon, but not mil. falcon - this is to make it as fair as possible to people who prefer to spell out an entire word)

5. After Round 1 has finished, Round 2 will begin with slightly tougher topics, and the point totals will be doubled.

6. There will be one Daily Double in Round 1, and two in Round 2. The person who uncovers it will have up to thirty seconds to answer correctly after deciding how much of their point total they would like to wager on the question. A correct answer will add that much to their total, while an incorrect one will deduct that much. The 30 second timeframe is to help prevent google searches in aiding your answer. If you know the answer, 30 seconds is more than enough time.

7. After Round 2 is finished, all participants with a positive score will be prompted to send me a PM with how much of their total they wish to wager on a Final Jeopardy question. If anyone has a negative score, they can also try to answer Final Jeopardy via PM, although they are technically eliminated from the game.

*(Note - A regular PM is unnecessary. On the right side of the chat room will be a list of those in the chat room. A double click on my name will send me a direct Instant Message - this will be easier than regular PM's).

8. Once all wagers are in, I will reveal the Final Jeopardy question. I will give everyone thirty seconds to send me a PM with their answer, after which I will reveal all answers and totals wagered, and calculate a final score. Highest point total wins.

9. Whoever wins can have their choice between the Unleashed Aurra Sing or the 500th Vader. Second place will get the item not chosen by the winner.

There will also be a 5 minute break about halfway through each round, and a 10 minute break between rounds and before Final Jeopardy.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here.

Remember, here are the prizes, both sponsored by Legends Action Figures.

500th Edition Darth Vader

20050913.vader.jpg

Unleashed Aurra Sing

20050913.sing.jpg