Lookee, it's new

Attachments

• jediwarriors4pkfr.jpeg
    jediwarriors4pkfr.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 232

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
that's pretty sad. the only thing new in that pack is whatever that is in the center? they could have used better jedi and if they're going to include obi-wan, almost any other version would have been a better choice. I guess this is what happened to all of those pegwarmers.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hey, I remember seeing prototypes pics of this a few months back, maybe on Galactic Hunter? I don't rememebr, I followed a link from somewhere else.

That "thing" in the center is the stasis device Obi-Wan was imprisoned with on Geonosis. It was originally supposed to come with the Geonosian Arena playset (based on proto pics of the playset that appeared early on).

While this particular Obi Wan has both good and bad qualities, the stasis device was specifically designed to hold this figure, making it a fair choice to include inthis pack. :) The cloak-less Nikto is a nice army builder (and shows off the excellent head sculpt), but the Plo and Saesee serve little purpose. :(

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i didn't realize what that was, but i don't really see where it would have to be that obi-wan, say over the acklay obi wan that would have to be used ...... the acklay obi wan might even be a better pose for that. coruscant obi wan was the worst of the bunch IMO and was a pegwarmer, at least in my area, so the idea of buying that figure again in a 4 pack does not appeal to me but i guess it explains why obi wan was included in this pack. too bad, that would have made a nice screen scene, with a new obi wan and dooku.
The nikto was a huge pegwarmer in my area and i bought several extra of him when walmart was blowing them out for $1 each. So, the idea of buying him again has little interest for me.
the other two aren't terrible to have in there, but why use one from potj when there is a saga version, or why not use both potj versions?
I just think that there are several other jedi that could have been used that would make this a more popular item. I see these figures as going from pegwarmers to shelf warmers.
Other jedi that could have made it better would have been secura, mace, coleman, rodian or twilek jedi from the 3pack or varaitions of them, eeth koth,.....or here's an idea, hasbro could include an all new figure ..... or at least one of their inventive head swaps.
Sorry if i seem negative about this set, but what once seemed like a good idea has quickly gone in the toilet.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I agree that the 4-packs are a mixed bag at best. They include some really nice things, some mediocre things, and some crappy things (at least for the long-term completist who already has half the set).

There are some other nice Obi Wans out there. However, my point was that when this accessory was first sculpted, the ONLY E2 Obi Wans were the Coruscant Chase figure and the Flipping thingamafigure. Hence, it should only fit the Chase figure properly. Besides, he does have the nice "I'm just hanging here" pose. ;)

Alas, this will be one of those I want but won't get until jsut the right opportunity comes along.

Attachments

• 1302-geodetention.jpg
    1302-geodetention.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 221

Barada

Saboteur
This must be just about the worst one released so far. A Nikto with no hood, and an accessory don't justify the price for this set - I think this is one where I'll take my chances on getting one from someone in the US when they go on clearance. I doubt it'll take long ;)

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I think i'll pass too. Unless i see it dirt cheap somewhere there's better things out there to buy at the moment.....:)

I do not like it either, but does any one knows if this is an exclusive 4-pack, like the Toys-R-Us ones, or will it be sold on every toy store ?