Interactive R2

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Found the interactive R2 at thetoyshop.com

Part of the description reads :-

(Only responds to English spoken with an American accent.)

<g>

Imperial March:
"Do you remember" - Vader
"Do you remember" - Anakin

Hero Theme (Medal Ceremony at the end of A New Hope):
"Do you remember" - Han
"Do you remember" - Chewbacca
"Do you remember" - Luke Skywalker

2nd Version Catina Song
"Do you remember" - Vader (actually any name that makes him afraid)
"Game Mode"
"Dance Program"

Follow you around
"Reset System"
"Hey R2"
"Follow Me"

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Hey that worked for the imperial one thanks!!!

I'll keep working on the others. :) Artoo doesn't seem to trust me yet. :p

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Just a reminder for everyone, amazon.com has it for 100 bucks plus the option of free super slow shipping. Right now is the time to get it.

I was lucky though, I got mine at a target several weeks ago;)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Sounds like you guys are having too much fun with this one. If anyone finds a store that'll ship internatiional (and shipping isn't more than the unit) please let me know :)

Thanks,

Boru

Barada

Saboteur
"(Only responds to English spoken with an American accent.)"

Uh, what exactly is an American accent? Southern drawl? Bronx? Surfer talk? If it takes all of these different American 'accents', then why wouldn't it take non-American English?

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jeeeze eh....

it probably understands everything but Canadian accents.

:canada:

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Methinks tis probably the british accent, loike wot they speak in england that confuses the poor little guy.

He was probably trained in Californian :)

I wonder if they'll bring out a multi-lingual version?

Barada

Saboteur
Isn't this funny, since the real R2 DID respond to a British accent, with Anthony Daniel's voice?

Barada

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Behave Yourself
Speak Up
Speak Up

R2D2 will then play the Star Wars main theme.

Thanks to CB2K and yakface for that one. :)

I tried it and it works. :ufo:

r2d2.gif

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Advanced Command #5 - A "Special Surprise"
The final hidden gem for R2 really takes a little work, as well as
really knowing your droid.
First, have R2 turn on his light beam by saying "light beam." With his
light beam on, tap R2 three times on the head, and then place him into
Game Mode by telling R2 "Game Mode" and then "Dance program." R2 will
have a special dance, just for you.

http://www.r2droidfactory.com/

I got this to work last night before artoo's batteries died, it was a cute song.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I just bought one of these. Are there any other easter eggs not listed here? I went to the droid factory and it says that there are six and when the get to #5, it says that is the final easter egg. With the eggs they have there with the ones here, I count 7.

recap
Advanced Command #1 - Follow Me
In Companion Mode, if you say "Follow Me," R2 will turn to find you and then attempt to follow you around. Go slowly though, or R2 will lose you and turn the other direction.

Advanced Command #2 - Come Here
Also in Companion Mode, if you say "Come Here," R2 will attempt to find you and come to you. Since this feature relies on R2's heat sensing technology, kneel down in front of R2. R2 may not come directly to you, but R2 will try and find you.

Advanced Command #3 - Imperial March Song
To play the Imperial March, go to Character Mode by asking "Do You Remember." Ask R2 about Darth Vader and Anakin (in any order) and R2 will play the song.

Advanced Command #4 - Celebration Song
To play the Celebration song, go to Character Mode by asking "Do You Remember." Ask R2 about Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Luke Skywalker (in any order), and R2 will play the celebration song.

Advanced Command #5 - A "Special Surprise"
First, have R2 turn on his light beam by saying "light beam." With his light beam on, tap R2 three times on the head, and then place him into Game Mode by telling R2 "Game Mode" and then Dance program. R2 will have a special dance, just for you.

Advanced Command #6 - Cantina Song 2nd Version
Goto "Do You Remember", ask about Darth Vader. Goto "Game Mode". Goto "Dance program"

Advanced Command #7 - Star Wars Main Theme
"Behave Yourself" - "Speak Up" - "Speak Up"

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Finally got hold of one of these :dance:

Absolutely fantastic!

Thanks for all the easter eggs guys :rockon: :dstar:

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Interesting... I'll let you guys in my expience with R2

When we first got ours, well, he was a beauty. Accents were not a problem for him. He diligently responded to my slight Spaniard accent, my wife's Southern American accent and my three year old "Toddlerish" accent ("Atoo, beay!") without hesitation. One could say the Droid was truly an international dialect interpreter.

A week after, this thing went crazy on us. We checked the batteries, read the instructions a zillion times over and over but nothing worked. He did actually the opposite of what he was told to do. I would stand at a corner of my living room and give commands to the little bugger:

"R2, behave yourself!" - he would then turn its head, make a couple of beeping sounds and start to run all over the house as if he was chasing someone.

"R2, speak up!" -my wife would tell him. He would simply go to a corner and just stay there. Resetting was almost constantly needed.

And as far as playing "Ester Eggs", ours had no eggs! We never heard the music nor sounds

To make a long story short, we returned him to TRU and got back our money.

I now feel that perhaps he was possessed, perhaps the wet sponge bath my kid gave him affected its circuitry, (although my kid was caught red handed before water could get inside) or, since this is Miami, he could had been a mini illegal immigrant disguised as a droid who couldn't stand the smell of fresh cooked bacon and was going through an Americanization process?

Who knows, but truly the experience with mine wasn't a good one, and given the fact we see enough disobedience having a kid who pays more attention to what Scooby Doo dictates than his parents, the fact of having this blue and white plastic thing misbehaving was unbearable.