Indiana Jones 5 movie

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
George Lucas' other "trilogy" looks like it's getting bigger. This is from ComingSoon.net ...
LaBeouf Says Next Indiana Jones Moving Forward
In an interview with BBC News, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf says that it looks like a follow-up to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is moving forward.

"Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they're gearing that up," LaBeouf said. Last summer's blockbuster was made for about $185 million and earned $786.6 million worldwide. It was the second-highest earner of 2008, behind just The Dark Knight.

LaBeouf also briefly talked about the Wall Street sequel that teams him with director Oliver Stone and Michael Douglas. "'Money Never Sleeps' is, I think, the official title now," he said.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
More Indy 5 news from ComingSoon.net ...

Ford Says They Have the Indiana Jones 5 Story
Harrison Ford told France's Le Figaro (via People) that "the story for the new Indiana Jones is in the process of taking form. Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

The fourth film, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, was released on May 28, 2008 and earned $786.6 million worldwide. It was made for about $185 million.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It's been a while since there has been any news about the next Indiana Jones movie. This latest item from ComingSoon.net doesn't add anything new, but the movie seems to be still chugging ahead ...

Mutt Williams to Return in Indiana Jones V?
Shia LaBeouf has plans to once again star alongside Harrison Ford's Indiana Jones as his son, Mutt Williams, says a report from ShowbizSpy.

The actor is quoted as saying that he's been pitched the idea for the fifth film in the franchise by Steven Spielberg himself.

"They're script writing right now," said LaBeouf, "...t sounds crazy. It sounds really cool."

Though it's impossible to say how long the writing process might take, LaBeouf's comments seem to be the first confirmation that a fifth Indiana Jones adventure will indeed be a sequel to 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, for example, was technically a prequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark, a storytelling technique that George Lucas and Spielberg don't seem to have plans to revisit.

I've just finished reading the novels of the original Indy trilogy and I'm about to start on The Crystal Skull novel. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks Buzz....very interesting. :) While the sci-fi angle was cool, I'm hoping for something a little more mystical this time around.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A tiny bit of news from ComingSoon.net to say they're still woring on Indy V ...

Steven Spielberg Talks Jurassic Park 4 & Indiana Jones 5

In an Empire interview with The Adventures of Tintin and War Horse director Steven Spielberg, talk turned to whether we'll see Jurassic Park 4 and Indiana Jones 5 any time soon.

About Jurassic Park 4, he said, "The screenplay is being written right now by Mark Protosevich. I'm hoping that will come out in the next couple of years. We have a good story. We have a better story for four than we had for three ..."

That is certainly good news, but what about Indiana Jones 5?

"You have to ask George Lucas. George is in charge of breaking the stories. He's done it on all four movies. Whether I like the stories or not, George has broken all the stories," he said, adding, "He is working on Indy V. We haven't gone to screenplay yet, but he's working on the story. I'll leave it to George to come up with a good story."

He also addressed some of the criticism of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. "I sympathise with people who didn't like the MacGuffin because I never liked the MacGuffin, he explained. "George and I had big arguments about the MacGuffin. I didn't want these things to be either aliens or inter-dimensional beings. But I am loyal to my best friend. When he writes a story he believes in - even if I don't believe in it - I'm going to shoot the movie the way George envisaged it."

For more of the interview, you can click here.

Note: The "MacGuffin" is whatever Indiana Jones is looking for in the movie - the Crystal Skull / aliens, the Arc of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, etc.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A tiny bit of news from ComingSoon.net ...

George Lucas Offers Indiana Jones 5 Update
The good news is that a fifth Indiana Jones film is still in the works. The bad news is that no one's sure exactly how long it's going to take to see the light of day. Although Steven Spielberg recently told Entertainment Weekly that he and George Lucas had decided on a genre for a fifth adventure, Vulture caught up Lucas last night and learned that the story is still missing a crucial element: the MacGuffin.

"I mean, I know what it's about," Lucas said, "but I just have to find a MacGuffin that fits into the arena we're working in."

A term popularized by Alfred Hitchcock, a MacGuffin refers to a narrative element that drives the story forward. The Indiana Jones series is famous for making the MacGuffin the object of Dr. Jones' search. In the first film, it's the Ark of the Convenant, the second the Sankara Stones, the third the Holy Grail and the most recent the Crystal Skull.