Indiana Jones 4 ... FINALLY!!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
More from ComingSoon.net ...

POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS

George Lucas on Indiana Jones 4!

Indiana Jones 4 producer George Lucas talked to USA Today about the highly-anticipated film, to be directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford and Cate Blanchett.

Lucas told the newspaper that shooting begins in Los Angeles this June and then it's on to several top-secret global destinations. Lucas teased that one will include a waterfall.

Lucas said that Ford's age (64) won't be a problem. "He's not running in any of the movies. He's either on a horse or driving a car or a motorcycle. And he'll play his age in this movie with what's appropriate. The chases are more suspenseful than speedy. Like the rolling ball in the first film — it's not that he's running that fast, it's that there's a giant ball coming at him. And he will get beat up, which is a tradition for us."

Lucas, who also is in pre-production on a "bare-bones, action-heavy" "Star Wars" live-action TV series, said there'll still be plenty of action in "Indy 4," the official title of which he hopes to keep under wraps until the first trailer hits theaters around Thanksgiving.

Sean Connery has yet to sign on as Indiana's father, Dr. Henry Jones, but Lucas said, "We're still trying."

It wasn't his idea to cast Blanchett as Ford's new leading lady, he added. "That's who my director wanted, and I always bow to the wishes of my director," Lucas said of Spielberg. "I approved it because she seemed like a good idea. When I met her at the Academy Awards, I told her, 'Hey, you work for me now!'"

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A tiny bit more from ComingSoon.net ...

Indiana Jones 4 Script Includes Sean Connery
The San Francisco Film Society honored George Lucas on Thursday and the "Star Wars" creator talked to Reuters about starting Indiana Jones 4 and whether Sean Connery would be back:

Lucas said he is ready to begin work as a producer next month on the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones film franchise.

In a brief interview, he said veteran actor Sean Connery had yet to agree to reprise his role as Indiana Jones' father.

"We have a script with him in it," he said. "If he doesn't do it, we'll do a quick rewrite."

The fourth installment is targeted for a May 22, 2008 release.

Marginally over one year before it's meant to be on cinema screens and they're still playing silly games. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here's the latest from ComingSoon.net ...

Hurt Joins Indiana Jones 4, Connery Not Returning
John Hurt has joined the previously-announced Cate Blanchett and Ray Winstone in Indiana Jones 4, while Sean Connery has made it official that he won't be returning. Here's the official press release:

Several stars have thrown their hats into the ring to join Harrison Ford and Shia LeBeouf in Indiana Jones' latest whip-cracking adventure. Next year, when the new Indiana Jones movie opens worldwide on May 22, Indy will share the screen with Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt.

Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett has established herself as one of the preeminent leading actresses in film today, earning her first Best Actress nomination for her title role in Elizabeth, for which she received a BAFTA and Golden Globe Award. She continued to draw acclaim for significant roles in The Talented Mr. Ripley, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Notes on a Scandal and Babel. In 2005, she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Katherine Hepburn in The Aviator, and this year was named one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World. Cate is currently filming The Curious Case of Benjamin Button costarring Brad Pitt and directed by David Fincher.

Known for his layered and nuanced performances of tough guys, Ray Winstone drew international praise for his role as Gal Dove in Jonathan Glazer’s Sexy Beast. His recent screen credits include Martin Scorsese’s The Departed, Antoine Fuqua’s King Arthur, and Anthony Minghella’s Breaking & Entering. Winstone's voice can be heard as Mr. Beaver in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Ray will next be seen in the title role of Beowulf opening November 16, 2007 directed by Robert Zemeckis.

Academy Award nominee John Hurt, whose career in film spans more than 40 years, has played memorable roles in movies both big and small. His impressive body of work includes such films as V for Vendetta, Elephant Man, 1984, Midnight Express, Contact, and Alien. On television, he won world-wide acclaim for his role of Caligula in "I, Claudius" and Quentin Crisp, in "The Naked Civil Servant".​

While the man with the hat is back, this time he's not bringing his Dad. Sean Connery, who retired from acting in 2005, said:

"I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement. I thought long and hard about it and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film. I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son. But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun. I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior: Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator! This is a remarkable cast, and I can only say, 'Break a leg, everyone.' I'll see you on May 22, 2008 at the theater!"​

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
DANG! That's to bad. But I did love this part of the article:D:

I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior: Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator!

RYAN-J

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From ComingSoon.net ...

Lucasfilm Eyeing Six Indiana Jones 4 Titles
/Film reports that Lucasfilm has filed for six possible titles for Indiana Jones 4 with the MPAA. The proposed titles include:

- Indiana Jones and the City of Gods
- Indiana Jones and the Destroyer of Worlds
- Indiana Jones and the Fourth Corner of the Earth
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Indiana Jones and the Lost City of Gold
- Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Covenant

We'll have to wait and see if Steven Spielberg and George Lucas go with one of these titles or something completely different.

Anyone remember the title "Blue Harvest"?? ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
According to ComingSoon.net the final title for the new Indiana Jones movie has been announced ...

Full Indiana Jones Title Announced!
The title of the new Indiana Jones adventure, now in production under the direction of Steven Spielberg, is
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
it was revealed today by actor Shia LaBeouf.

LaBeouf, who stars in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone and John Hurt, announced the title during today's MTV Video Music Awards, which were broadcast live from Las Vegas.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a Lucasfilm Ltd. and is being distributed by Paramount Pictures. It will be released in the U.S. and simultaneously in most territories worldwide on Thursday, May 22, 2008. Frank Marshall returns as producer, with Kathleen Kennedy joining George Lucas as executive producer.

:)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. HMMMM. I like it! Can't wait to see if it ranks up there with the other 3 movies.

RYAN-J

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
Buzz Bumble;73341 said:
For the youngies: he played a similar role many years ago in a short lived show called "Tales of the Golden Monkey"

Wow.
You just dredged up some memories there Buzz.
I had completely forgotten all about that programme. It's off to google to see if I can kick start the cell into remembering that one.
I'm sure he had a plane or something........................

Edit: Good old youtube. Lots of Gold monkey goodness

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, he had a plane - it's been AGES since I've seen it though. Battlestar Galactica was "Star Wars for TV", and Tales of the Golden Monkey was in many ways "Indiana Jones for TV" (although without looking it up I couldn't tell you which actually came first). :)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Transformers Star Shia LaBeouf Arrested

Transformers star Shia LaBeouf was arrested in a Chicago drug store early Sunday morning, reports CBS News.

A security guard in a downtown Walgreens repeatedly told the actor, 21, that he was to leave the store because he appeared intoxicated, say police.

When LaBeouf refused, the guard alerted police. The arrest occurred at around 2:30 a.m.

Following his arrest, LaBeouf was described by authorities as "very courteous and polite."

Bond was posted before 7 a.m., police said.

Next year, LaBeouf is due to be seen in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20158174,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Oh no Shia!! What were you thinking? And what did you need at Walgreens at 2:30 a.m.? :p

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Oh Geez! Man! That's so not cool. I hope this won't happen again anytime soon! :(

RYAN-J

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
We're getting closer. Here's some teaser trailer news from ComingSoon.net ...

Indiana Jones, Dark Knight & Star Trek Trailer Updates
ComingSoon.net has learned new details about the upcoming teaser trailers for three of next year's highly-anticipated movies. Keep in mind that the online debuts for these trailers will probably be earlier in the week of release for the movie it is attached to, and that the trailer may not be shown with every print of the film.

First up, the first trailer for Steven Spielberg's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is now planned for a debut in February. While we don't know for sure with which movie it will show, Paramount's biggest film that month is The Spiderwick Chronicles, so keep your eye on that one. Of course, it's possible Paramount will decide to debut footage earlier during the Super Bowl, but we're not sure.

In just two weeks, on December 14, Warner Bros. will release the teaser trailer for Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight in standard theaters with I Am Legend. As was previously announced, the studio will be showing the 7-minute opening scene of "Dark Knight" before the screenings of "Legend" in IMAX.

And Star Trek fans won't have to wait long for the first teaser for the J.J. Abrams-directed film, as Paramount is planning a debut with the Abrams-produced monster movie Cloverfield, coming to theaters on January 18, 2008.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Sounds really Exciting! I can't wait!!! I hope Shia LaBeouf has some good action scenes and isn't just a minor character that gets killed or injured too early in the film. :(

RYAN-J

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
OY! That is totally cool! I'm kinda hoping they'll move the release date ahead three more days. That way it would fall on my birthday :D May 25th 2008? or 2009?

RYAN-J

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The new Indy movie is being released next year (May 2008).

Unless you join the ticket queues now you may have to wait three days to get in. ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Rats! It looks like the smaller ComingSoon.net version has been moved (causing the no image "X"). I've fixed it by uploading it to ImageShack instead. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From TheForce.net ...

Indy 4 Trailer To Debut February 15th
CHUD.com is reporting that the long awaited trailer for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will make it's debut on IndianaJones.com at 12:01am on February 15th.

Entertainment Tonight will be teasing the trailer on the 14th and it will launch in theaters on the 14th as well.

Kind of odd considering most movies come out on Fridays...not Thursdays. We'll let you know if we hear anything official. Until then...Happy Valentines Day!

UPDATE: If you got a hankering to hear about the Indy 4 trailer before you see it on February 15th, then check out the report at AICN.