Index Photo Template and How-To!

Pedge Jameson

Falls down for no reason.
The How to!
(Mostly provided by RYAN-J with my added help.)
AT the moment this is Windows OS instructions only. Mac will come soon!

1. Using Windows Media Player 11, open up the DVD.
(Other players work, details to come!)

2. Pause the moment of the scene that has a good shot of the character.
(Not when there blinking or look like they are about to sneeze) :p

3. Pause the film.

4. Hit your Print Screen Button. (Located just to the right of your F12 key.)
or press Alt-Print Screen for the current screen you have opened.. Image is copied to clipboard.

(MACINTOSH (OS X)
M1. Press Command-Shift-3 to take a screen shot of your entire screen.

M2. Press Command-Shift-4 and Mac OS X will present you with crosshairs you can use to select whatever portion of your display you'd like to capture in a screen shot.

M3. Immediately hit the spacebar after typing Command-Shift-4. Instead of crosshairs, you'll see a little camera. Move the camera around to highlight the Dock, the menu bar, the desktop, or any open window. Then just click the mouse to "snap" a screen shot. In fact, with this option, you can entirely eliminate the desktop when you capture a screen shot of an individual window.

The screen grab is saved to the Desktop!!)

5. Using your favorite paint software simply use your paste option.

6. You will most likely have your entire desktop. I'd recommend cropping to the character shot.
(What are the chances a Star Wars actor will want to sign their tiny mug in front of your Unicorn desktop wallpaper huh?)

7. Crop them so they are the only thing in the photo. Even minus the black wide screen bars.

8. Now that you have the subject and nothing else you will have to enlarge. (Yes, I said it right, enlarge. It looks blurry and pixelated and crap. But put that aside for now.)

9. The size that works for me so far is 850 by 680 pixels. You'll even have some room later to shift it in all directions to get the perfect centering.

10. Now pull up the following image in your program.
[img=http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8274/templateel4.th.jpg]

11. Copy your image character and simply paste in the template as a new selection.
(I use good old Paint Shop Pro so we will need help in this section from others who use different Windows Programs, and later, MAC)

12. Play around till he or she fits perfect to your liking and doesn't interfere with the borders and such.

13. Now comes time to TEXT-TIFY this badboy. Blanket out the template text with a brush. Then using Palitino Linotype, (On most PC"s as a standard.) type in the areas specified.
The standard most of Bothan Spy fellas use seems to be size 48.
Make it 36 for the top if you need to include things such as "Voice of" for actors such as from The Clone Wars animated series.

14. Save the template as a new file just as is, you should be all set!

OK, well thats my little contribution, this will be added and altered how the fellas see fit.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
6. You will most likely have your entire desktop.

These are the keyboard commands for grabbing images from your computer screen (there are probably more). Unfortunately you'll find that some DVDs are protected and you can't grab the image this easily.

WINDOWS
1. Whole screen - press Print Screen. Image is copied to clipboard.

2. Active window - press Alt-Print Screen. Image is copied to clipboard.

Then use the Paste command in any application that accepts images.

MACINTOSH (OS X)
1. Press Command-Shift-3 to take a screen shot of your entire screen.

2. Press Command-Shift-4 and Mac OS X will present you with crosshairs you can use to select whatever portion of your display you'd like to capture in a screen shot.

3. Immediately hit the spacebar after typing Command-Shift-4. Instead of crosshairs, you'll see a little camera. Move the camera around to highlight the Dock, the menu bar, the desktop, or any open window. Then just click the mouse to "snap" a screen shot. In fact, with this option, you can entirely eliminate the desktop when you capture a screen shot of an individual window.

The screen grab is saved to the Desktop.

MACINTOSH ("Classic" OS)
1. Whole screen - press Shift-Apple-3.

2. Part of screen - press Shift-Apple-4 and then use the '+' cursor to select the part of the screen you want.

3. One window - turn on Caps Lock, press Shift-Apple-4 and then click on a window.

4. One window (to clipboard) - turn on Caps Lock, press Shift-Apple-4 and then hold Control and click on a window.

Except when using option 4, the screen grab is saved to the Desktop.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
WOW! Pedge! :) That's so awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do that!! :D

RYAN-J :D