In your opinion...

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
In your opinion, what are the best figures out on the market right now?

My favorite right now, hands down would be the "Tortured Souls" line by McFarlane.:worship:
You get the best bang for your buck... The sculpting is amazing! Originality...10 points! Display's beautifully!

McFarlane has always offered great extra's along with most of his figures. The "Movie Maniacs" line is superb....:rockon:

Now, I know there are many people who don't like Todd, but you have to hand it to the guy... From the time he started his company, it has grown leaps and bounds, and he knows what a collector likes... In my opinion anyway. The sculpters he has working for him are top notch, and I grovel at their feet!
Sure... Todd McFarlane has the social skills of Gamorrean, but he knows what he's doing when it comes to toy's... And not in his money saving abilities! Mental note to Todd... Make sure a record is unbeatable before buying baseball!:eek:

The Witchblade figure line was also a great set of figures... The sculpting was very good!

I will always love the SW figures... Hasbro has made their mistakes in the past, but it seems as though they are kinda, sorta, listening to the fans... We know what we want!:vader:

Talon

New Recruit
To be honest with you I don't pay attention to any other toys. Well, I do like The Simpsons but don't collect them. My son likes Pokemon and Digimon so I do know a little about them.
I am a Star Wars guys all the way. I don't want to even think of collecting anything else. My toy runs consist of me going to the Star Wars aisle and leaving right after.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help :)

Barada

Saboteur
Here's opening a REAL big can of worms

My ultimate action figure dream? McFarlane takes over the Star Wars license. No more crappy likenesses of luke or Han ever again! :rockon:

Barada

Redleader

New Recruit
Tortured Souls? Sick!:hurl:

The only other figures I have picked up are the Where the Wild Things Are and the new super-posable Spiderman toys.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
The others

Sure McFarlane probably has the best looking sculps out there. I am tempted many times to buy these products, but I rather clutter up my house with SW stuff.
:D
I am a Simpsons collector. Treehouse of Horror I and II are nice. Simpsons are currently up to Series 6 and keep pumping them out. The first couple of series were very under produced, Try finding a Grampa of Lisa. Better yet, try to buy one. Might as well buy a AT-ST Driver on the FF. I looked on Ebay yesterday and could not believe what some Simpsons are going for, especially the exclusives. Like SW, will the long term interest and collectability remain? Guess time will tell!

Dferguson

New Recruit
my Faveorites

my Favorites besides SW stuff untill the EP2 toys come out
the Simpson Figures are awesome and and the Gundam Wing and mobile suit gundam are great too
I have taken a look at the Mcfarlane toys they seem awesome but only ones i seen are the metallica ones and the spawn ones
and the Lord of the Rings figs look great too:scatter: :rockon:

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
Most of my toys are Star Wars, but I'm also a major anime fan, so I have some action figures from my favorite series. The Gundam toys from Bandai are good (the models are better), but the best ones out there have to be the Evangelion action figures put out by Kaiyodo. Incredible articulation and sculpting, with unbelievable detail in the painting. You won't find them at the toy stores, but go to a Suncoast Video or Software Etc., and they might have them. Also, Bandai just started a Collector's Series for anime figures, with Escaflowne, Big O and Outlaw Star, all of outstanding quality.

On MacFarlane toys, they have a very good Anime series out, with great Major Kusanagi and Armitage III figures, along with some decent Tenchi figs.