Hot Wheel Star Wars

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Hot Wheels is releasing two series of Star Wars vehicles - one a series of customised cars and the other a series of spaceships, etc. from the movies.

28lguhf.jpg

The type is pretty small in this scan, but the takeaway news seems to be ...
  • 1:64 scale Character Car line will include character-themed original hot rod designs.
  • Vader will be an SDCC exclusive in a special lightsaber tube packaging.
  • Distinct mini ships line coming in 2015 with stands that also double and finger rings to fly ships around (so they sound small - I'm guessing Micromachines/Titaniumish sized).
  • rail play sets also coming (does this mean the ships will sport wheels? I hope not).
  • Both lines will be previewed at SDCC this July.

Disney Parks Blog Readers Select First-Ever ‘Fan Choice' Star Wars-Themed Disney Racer
VFC775931-613x453.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I did find some Hot Wheels Star Trek cars in the local toy shops, but they were really just regular cars with some Star Trek character stickers / decals on them (and a bit over-priced at US$9.55, as are the movie/TV Hot Wheels range). I have also found a couple of the Hot Wheels Star Trek spaceships which are quite nice in a Micromachines way, especially at the price of only US$2.60.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'm enjoying seeing all the new car designs that have been popping up as SDCC approaches. Can't say I'm really a fan of any of them, but they are fun to see nonetheless. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Three more vehicles have been revealed ...

Tusken Raider car
MattelTuskenRaiderExc.jpg

Rebel Pilot car
Bs6KTfCCEAEWRbN.jpg

The third is a silly exclusive for Target in America will have a 5-pack of vehicles which includes an exclusive Stormtrooper car. No doubt it will again mean eBay scalper fodder for those, especially outside America, trying to collect these.

BtVFU5xCIAAlViU.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Reportedly characters from the animated Star Wars Rebels show will feature as two upcoming Hot Wheels cars ... Chopper and The Inquisitor ...

Rebels_Hot_Wheels.jpg

Now come on, we all know Chopper should be a motorcycle. ;)