HK-47 / Beru wave - Reviews

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
So I picked up the Beru wave last week.

It consisted of Owen, Beru, AOTC Obi-Wan, Concept Anakin, Typho, and Tarados Gon, all of which build HK-47. Other "extra" figures in the wave include a blue ARC, Jango, Evolutions Anakin, and Clone Pilot. Those ones are re-releases with minor paint changes at most.

Owen is perhaps my fave fig of the wave. His soft goods coat actually looks really good, depite its bulkiness. His body is a good sculpt that would be great for custom moisture farmers. His face is a decent likeness, although his stubble looks more like a beard on the figure. Comes with a rifle.

Beru is another fave figure. Soft goods skirt and a white pitcher from the kitchen as an accessory. If I'm not mistaken, this is the AOTC outfit. The likeness is decent, but doesn't quite scream "I'm Bonnie Piesse." Still a cool looking figure though.

AOTC Obi-Wan is a hyper-articulated figure with 13+ points of articulation. This Obi-Wan comes with no cloak, but does have a lightsaber, commlink (that attaches to his belt) and a softgoods skirt. Main differences with this figure are new jointed legs that can be rotated not unlinke the newer style of shoulder joints, a ball-socket neck, and an articulated abdomen. This fig is pretty good for jumping and kicking poses. Otherwise, I find to be a little odd looking just standing there on its own. Make him fight Jango and I think he'll be okay.

Concept Anakin is based on concept artwork designed to resemble Luke's ROTJ outfit. Comes with a lightsaber, hilt, and a plastic cape (thankfully). This fig is pretty cool, but just seems unimpressive compared to other concept figures. He's a welcome addition to my collection, and considering we have many horrible Anakin figures, it's refreshing to have something new and unique, albeit monochromatic. :p

Typho now has a first name: Gregar. Captain Gregar Typho is a nice fig. Armed with multiple points of articualtion, a soft-goods skirt, blaster and commlink that clip to his belt, and a removeable hat, this is the ultimate Typho figure. Well done.

Tarados Gon is a welcome addition to the Jedi ranks. Figure features numerous articulation, soft-goods skirt, lightsaber, and a decent Klatooinian head sculpt. Great for any diorama, and good for future custom Klatooinian figures. Otherwise, not too impressive looking, so he might be peg warmer.

Lastly, we have HK-47. The HK-47 figure is probably my fave build a droid figure so far. With multiple points of articulation, he can really be posed in some good action poses. He is apparently from the KOTOR video games, and possibly the comics. Not up on all that yet, so I can't go into more detail, but he looks good next to my Darth Malak figure.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
3736204684_6ca844d0da.jpg

3735413359_1e5bb83982_o.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Very nice review Warren! The figures look great and so does HK-47. :D I'll have to be watching my wal-mart for these.

RYAN-J :D