Help

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Yesterday I was downtown and I came upon a MPC RotJ C-3PO still in shrink wrap for 1000 which is approximately $10 give or take... I have just spent the better part of an hour looking for a price for comparison but haven't found anything, anyone know whether it's a jip or a steal?

Barada

Saboteur
Hey Zepp,

If it's a true vintage, then $10 for a shrink-wrapped model kit is alright. In the mid to late-90's, many of the vintage models were reissued though, in which case the $10 is a so-so price.

I'm not sure if C-3PO was among those reissued. I know when I was just recatching SW fever around '95, I picked up a few vehicle models. I don't have the boxes handy to tell you the difference, but it's not that easy, because they kept the vintage style of packaging. There is some sort of disclaimer on the box that mentions it being a reissue, but it's kinda small.

I suggest looking for a copywrite date on the box. If it's later than late-80's, then it's a reissue.

Barada

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
thanx. It was actually the RotJ rerelease, but I'll make sure to check the copyright. I just don't want to buy something that I could wait and find on Ebay for half the price. Especially with the wife getting on me about buying some New Jedi Order books recently...