HELP!!!! Size for Rubies Supreme Vader?

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
I am seriously considering getting the supreme edition Vader from Rubies b/c my son said the other day he really hoped Vader came by again at Halloween and I don't think he's going to keep falling for the cheap version. Plus it will be cool for other appearances of course. However, I am REALLY REALLY strugging with the sizing. I've seen about 10 different sizing charts and none of them match up. It looks like you can either get standard or XL. I'm 6 foot, 215 pounds with about a 38-inch waste. I don't want to buy the standard and have it be too small but I also don't want to buy the XL and have it look way too big. I read a post somewhere from a dude that is 6'6" and 300lbs and he said the xl fit him perfectly but all the size charts I've seen don't make the XL sound that big. Does anybody have any thoughts on the sizing here? Any other thoughts in general on the Rubies Supreme edition? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

JEDI FREIJAN

a.k.a. Darth Kraam
Hey,

I would not waste my money on a rubbies suit. Do it right!

Here is an example
IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg

If you need help, vist http://thepropden.aokforums.com/index.php

here you will find all the help you need. tell'em Kraaam sent ya!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I agree with Freijan. The Rubies costume is overpriced, and all of their Supreme costumes are inaccurate. If you have any interest in joining the 501st Legion, I know that Rubies costumes are not accepted, and for something like vader you would have to replace many/most of the parts with more accurate pieces.

Now, if you just want a costume for the fun of it and like the looks of Rubies, by all means, go for it. I just want to make you are aware of the 501st aspect of it, before you spend a lot of money. I figure, if you want to drop that kind of cash, you might as well upgrade. :)

You might also visit: http://www.501stsithlords.com

This is the Legion's website devoted to movie Sith lords, and should be loaded with info about Vader costumes.