Hasbro's OT Collection Debuting at Toy Fair

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
021503.han.jpg

In celebration of the exciting September 2004 release of the Star Wars trilogy on DVD, Hasbro has created the Original Trilogy Collection (OTC) product line for release in fall 2004 featuring characters, vehicles and more from Episodes IV, V and VI.
«
In the spirit of 1970s design the OTC packaging will be black and silver, similar to the style used on the silver series that debuted last year but with new graphics. Complementing the classic contents and the retro style design will be a special logo for placement on all OTC packaging. The line will debut at Toy Fair next week; additional product news will be made available throughout the spring and summer.
«
More at starwars.com

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Here is a peek at some of the collection debuting at Toy Fair.

3 3/4" Basic Figures
New and original fans alike will love the re-release of core characters including Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and Han Solo. Additionally, newly sculpted 3 3/4" basic figures will be presented in the context of two themes -- Dagobah, which will include Yoda, R2-D2 and more, and Bespin featuring Princess Leia, Lobot and a Cloud Car pilot.
<center>
84778.jpg
84779.jpg
84780a.jpg
84781a.jpg
84837a.jpg
85054a.jpg
85060a.jpg
</center>

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
3 3/4" Vintage Figures
Four representative figures from each of the original films will comprise a collection of twelve new ultra-modern sculpts. The "vintage" description is not merely to describe their place in Star Wars history, but to highlight the fact that each figure will be packaged with reproductions of the card fronts from the original 1970s and 80s casings, including the Kenner logo. The entire package will come in a Star Wars embossed outer clamshell.

<center>
85215a.jpg
85224.jpg
</center>

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
12" Vintage Figures
These 12" figures are designed with the same decorative detail and packaging concepts as their 3 3/4" counterparts. However, there will be three figures instead of twelve, including Luke Skywalker and a Stormtrooper. They will be housed in an outer casing designed with premium graphics and a silver banner.

<center>
85231.jpg
85233.jpg
</center>

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Vehicles
Not available since 1997, the Millennium Falcon is returning in the OTC equipped with a cockpit designed to easily fit the 3 3/4" figures. Other features include a firing missile, a new engine, hyperdrive, new light up back engine thrusters and two sounds. In addition to the venerable Falcon, the X-wing and the TIE Fighter will also be available in the new black and silver packaging.

<center>
85234.jpg
xwing.jpg
tiefighter.jpg
</center>

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lightsabers
Look forward to adding more lightsabers to your play and display collection. Both basic and electronic lightsabers will be available in the OTC packaging.

<center>
darthlightsaber.jpg
lukelightsaber.jpg
</center>

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Ask Yoda
A new version of the talking interactive Yoda, this toy is perfect for Yoda fans of all ages who want to learn from the greatest Jedi Master. Rendered from The Empire Strikes Back, the new interactive Yoda be packaged in the black and silver OTC design.

<center>
askyoda.jpg
</center>

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I think those seven will come in the regular saga line and that we will see different figures, like the han and obi-wan that are pictured, on the silver/black cards.

I love the look of them, but I would've thought that Hasbro would make them look more like the old Kenner figures for the nostalgic feel that goes along with the old packaging. These figures look better than some of the newer figs that are out now!!!

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I thought Hasbro would of done that to rogueace2000 . I'm still looking forward to them though. I love the packaging.

Nightwing

New Recruit
I think that the stiffened figures that were of vintage style may have been a hard sell.

Vinyl capes would've been a nice touch, along with pop-out lightsaber!

"I think that the stiffened figures that were of vintage style may have been a hard sell."

Yeah, but the animated figures are big sellers and they don't much stiffer than those. :p