Hasbro Points

How many Hasbro/Jedi Master Points do you have and are willing to use?

• 000 - 200

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 200 - 400

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 400 - 600

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 600 - 800

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 800 - 1000

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 1000 +

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bedlam412

Scoundrel
I don't have all that many points that I could cut up, but I do agree that if they were to start up some sort of redemption program, that collectors would be more apt to buy a few pegwarmers to get some manner of exclusive. :guns:

orbles

New Recruit
I cant quite remember..and I cannot find the piece of paper that I counted them on but I roughly remember having several thousand of these and I have bought a few more items since..this is just for the opened stuff..I would have over 10000 if I counted everything. I think a lot of these ideas are great. I think something very cheap for Hasbro is a small white box with different unique accessories..and maybe extra or really cheap figures...armie builders...500 points for a couple army builders would be nice...vary it so that the average guy could not get one of each..therefore causing to buy some more stuff..all good ideas posted so far.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hasbro should definitely have some kind of promotion....or issue an apology and discontinue printing them!

Either these things have a use or they don't, its that simple.

I like the catalog idea, a range of things for various differing amounts of points. A bit like gas stations sometimes do (or certainly did up to a few years ago). Even if its a case of some points plus some cash, people will go for it.

If they had a Silver Vader for mega points, sales would probably go nuts!

TechOfficerTodd

New Recruit
Carded Perspective

Well, as a carded collector I have to be honest and say that I've never really thought much about the Points. But I have been conscious enough to wonder why I was throwing them away - knowing full well that they currently WEREN'T used for anything. I can assure you that if they WERE used efficiently I would have been keeping them (in the limited amount of product I have opened ;-)

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I recently threw away all my sw packaging, but I saved the points. But I doubt hasbro or sw.com will ever do anything with them.

It would be nice to get a free subscription to the sw insider or something.

I think it would be great for them to offer up a free fig like the preview Mace for EI. Or I love the curved bar section for the cantina set. That would be great. Instead of rereleasing all the old stock of figures on new cards, why not just offer some up for points? Hopefully we can get them to do something with them. Send in points for a free figure coupon or something...help us get rid of the pegwarmers...Just a thought..

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Maybe Dexters bar or a similar playset would be a good starting point (like 3D cantina or Jabbas palace) for redemption for points. Would be cheap to make and maybe slip in a droid or something.

Recap

Hey there!

Great job on the suggestions so far but we can use some more thoughts though. There have been alot of fantastic ideas and the final plans will be posted in early May so more input would be greatly appreciated.

Basically there are 5 ideas. Give us an exclusive "something" only able to be achieved by points, some old peg warmers, a discount on new products, stop making points unless Hasbro is going to use them, or put a catalog together.

A discount would be nice depending on the amount. If 100 points was equivalent to $10.00 what would you think of that?

If Hasbro isn't going to do anything with the points then they should stop making them. All the points do without a purpose is make alot customers hateful towards Hasbro. They might still buy the product but wouldn't Hasbro like to be remembered as a good company with good morals. It would be better than a false advertising, penny pinching, pay your CEOs a $100,000.00 bonus kind of company.

The catalog concept can benefit everybody (including stores). Sell a catalog with new, old and exclusive merchandise of all sorts. Hasbro can help get rid of peg warmers, boost sales and make customers happy. They can make it an online catalog if they want to save paper. An online catalog will benefit customers from outside the U.S. so they wouldn't feel left out. A little more on shipping is better than nothing or an ebay scalper.

Here is a recap on most of the ideas so far:

* Dioramas (Dexter's bar with droid)
* Diorama Accessory Kits
.Curved cantina bar ends
.Galactic Senate hover platforms
.Tusken Raider Huts

* Troop Builders
.Clone Troopers
.Gungans
.Ewoks

* Customize your own figures kit
* vader case > CLONE TROOPER CARRYING CASE!!!!!
* Toy Fair Vader
* Preview Mace Windu Ep. 1
* Star Wars Insider subscription
* 25th Silver Anniversary R2-D2
* Jawa droid line up from ANH

I would LOVE to see all of this and more come in a catalog! Keep sending in your ideas!

:DLOVE

Hasbro Points Chat

Don't forget about the chat at 9:00 pm Sunday,April 20 hosted by Alltroops.com. I'll be there!

We'll talk about what you or someone posted along with questions and answers. Any more ideas you come up with are always more than welcome.
:laugh: :idea: :argue: :spin:

Kooka Lives

New Recruit
Rebelscum.com had a story about Hasbro hinting the Chrome Boba Fetts that are going to be part of the Mexican Convention, will be offered somehoe here in the US as well. With the timing on it all, wouldn't it be cool if that where the first offer they had for Jedi Points? It would not cost much, since the molds are already made and the packaging is already designed. Just a thought.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The next problem/question of course is making this scheme a worldwide one, not just another "US Only" exclusive deal. :(

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
thats true buzz. I think the only reason they dont want to deal with international collectors, is shipping. The postage rates are so high, you feel like you are bring robbed:eek:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, but some countries do have their own Hasbro distributor that could deal with that country (and perhaps some others nearby). I live just around the corner from Hasbro NZ and picked up my Episode I Preview Mace Windu and one of the other mail-order figures direct from the lady at the reception desk. :)

Hey there!

I'll fill everybody in with the plan on Sunday, May 04/03. Don't get discouraged or passive because our messages DO make a difference. They understand we are just a small number of people making our voice heard but there is a large number quietly stirring over the issue.

In the mean time prepare what you are going to say and if you have any questions send them in here or forward me a message.

P.S. My vintage poll No. 2 in the 3 3/4 figures thread will finish on May 01 so get your votes in and get ready for No. 3.

Originally posted by Kooka Lives
Rebelscum.com had a story about Hasbro hinting the Chrome Boba Fetts that are going to be part of the Mexican Convention, will be offered somehoe here in the US as well. With the timing on it all, wouldn't it be cool if that where the first offer they had for Jedi Points? It would not cost much, since the molds are already made and the packaging is already designed. Just a thought.

I missed this post, but I was just going to post the same thing!!! I hope they do use the Chrome Boba for the Jedi Points...I will be waiting to hear what it is!!

Time to send Hasbro your thoughts. Simple instructions are laid out in the HASBRO TIME thread.

Don't let yourself become jaded over the issue or feel that nothing you do will matter. Hasbro listens to customer opinions and with enough of them we can make a difference. Give them some good ideas and be civilized about it.

If you do nothing then nothing will happen.:canada: :usa: :aussie: :uk: