Harry Potter thread

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by wookiee_cookiee, Dec 20, 2004.

1. wookiee_cookiee

wookiee_cookiee Moderator Staff Member

Here's a thread for any HP news. Here's some exciting news!

Yippie!!!

Yahoo!

2. darthskellington

darthskellington Dark Lord of the Typos

3. wookiee_cookiee

Whooo hoo! Summer reading! :)

4. CreepyBunny

CreepyBunny Infiltrator

Hooray!!! Honestly I can't be happier. Now I'll have a midnight Barnes and Nobel party to attend on the 15th of July. I don't think I can bare waiting until pre-order delivery arrives on the 16th. I'm glad you started this thread, wookie cookie. Now I have people to share my glee with. Much thanks. :D

5. wookiee_cookiee

From Mugglenet, a pic of the American cover.

Attached Files:

6. wookiee_cookiee

See the UK adult cover here and the UK children's cover here.

7. darthskellington

Oooh! Ahhhh! ;)

8. wookiee_cookiee

9. AmShak

AmShak Senior Moderator Staff Member

10. CreepyBunny

CreepyBunny Infiltrator

I don't have the HTML code on so I just had to insert the picture to show you guys my nifty house crest.

Attached Files:

11. darthskellington

COuldn't get it to work last night. Using the same choices, it worked today :)

Well......I'm not smart enough to get the image to appear, but I am smart enough to know when to quit trying. :D It was Gryffindor.

12. Darth Aussie

Darth Aussie Australian Sith Lord

Hufflepuff

13. cplfreezer

cplfreezer Mind Bender

Your in-depth results are:

Gryffindor - 15
    Ravenclaw - 13
    Hufflepuff - 10
    Slytherin - 8

Attached Files:

14. darthskellington

Yay! That means Freezer and I will probably be the stars of the new Potter movie: The Bothan Spies Meet Harry Potter :D

Right?

15. CreepyBunny

CreepyBunny Infiltrator

The Goblet of Fire movie is only 4 days away (Nov. 17th 12:00am in the US that is). Is anybody else as excited as I am? I can hardly stand the wait!

Attached Files:

16. wookiee_cookiee

I don't think I'm as excited as you, CB. :) But I'm excited. I won't make a midnight showing since I have to work early the next day, but hopefully I can see it Sunday night somewhere. I'm looking forward to the tri-wizard competion and the dance most of all. And to see he who can not be named in the flesh!!

17. darthskellington

CB, NO ONE could possibly be as excited as you are! :p

18. CreepyBunny

CreepyBunny Infiltrator

I'm not going to pull a midnight showing either. I have to be slightly coherent for the students. (Not that they wouldn't be ecstatic if I snoozed all day) I'll be going Sunday evening too. I heard they cut almost all of Sirius' scenes except for the one with him talking to Harry in the fire place. A little Sirius is better than no Sirius. I'm excited about seeing the death-eaters too. I saw a little bit of that scene and I was like "oooooh scary!" then I made myself stop watching because I know I'll ruin it for myself. Anyway... yeah, I'm pretty excited. Oh, and Mad Eye Moody, he's gonna be pretty great.

Attached Files:

19. Darth Aussie

Darth Aussie Australian Sith Lord

I did enjoy the first two movies but with the different director in the third movie, it went a little off base for me. Don't get me wrong i did enjoy it. i'll wait and see what happens here. By all looks of the trailers, it should be good...

20. wookiee_cookiee

Warner Bros. announcing that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the fifth film in the franchise, will be released July 13, 2007.