Happy 4th of July

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
patriot3bb.jpg

«
Today is the 226 birthday of the United States of America with the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th 1776.
«
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The 4th of July has some significance for the English, I would think...being that they lost and all...
;)

Barada

Saboteur
Nightwing, I'm English too, and living in Canada means July 4 has no real significance to me, but is a comment like that necessary? Americans should be proud of the day their country became an independent nation, and a comment like that shows a certain amount of disrespect. Borsk, you're not helping either. Let's all celebrate freedom in general, and not worry about if any given day means something to one person and nothing to another. Just my two cents.

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
barada, I was just kidding around. No offence meant to anybody, and if I did, I apologize.

BTW, is the image reversed, or is the flag wrong...?

Barada

Saboteur
I thought you were probably joking, but remember, a lot of readers may not have realized that, and it would be in the site's worst interest to potentially offend readers, and turn them elsewhere. Thanks for clarifying.

Barada

Alf

Agent
The flag is shown correctly. If you hang it on a wall the Union (stars) is to be on the left.