halloween0001.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 347
  • halloween0002.jpg
    halloween0002.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 355

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Nice costumes :)

I'm going to a costume party at my friend's house in New Orleans. It's a 6+ hour drive from here, so I'd best be off to bed soon. I got a three day weekend, so i'm skipping town. :D

I'm going as a dementor from Harry Potter, since my friend is a big HP fan, and she has an optional HP theme going. Although it could pass for a Ringwraith (sans all the armor), or even a Sith.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
A Mystique Costume is a nice idea.. :D

I got a Scarecrow costume for a party yesterday, and it was one of the best. Even some of my coworkers had to see me twice to recognize me.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Next year you can dress-up as a working Apple iPod. :)

This is from SlashDot.org ...
I decided to be an iPod for Halloween this year. I didn't just want to be walking around in a box, so I made it a fully functional costume. I finally found a good use for a tablet PC, and used that for the display. A rewired USB mouse served as the 'Forward,' 'Reverse,' 'Play/Pause' buttons, and a bit of Java code played and displayed the MP3s. Some battery powered speakers provided the sound. It all worked out well, and I even won the costume contest!
Unfortunately the website seems to have been overloaded, so I can't get in to see any pictures or read any more.

By the way, I went as the Invisible Man, so you probably didn't see me at your door. :p

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I went as 'kao-nashi' from Spirited Away, I think the English translation was no-name, although it ought to be faceless...

It cost me less than $20 and I got a prize worth at least $20, so it all works out in the end...

I'll post a pic when I develop them, digital camera's at the shop...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Zepp said:
I went as 'kao-nashi' from Spirited Away, I think the English translation was no-name, although it ought to be faceless...

It cost me less than $20 and I got a prize worth at least $20, so it all works out in the end...

I'll post a pic when I develop them, digital camera's at the shop...
Cool idea :) Spirited Away is quite a unique movie. I'd thought about going as Alucard from Hellsing, but I don't think I couod have nailed the look. Plus the outfit would have been black instead of red. Other anime hadn't ocurred to me, unless you coount Link from Zelda.

I went to my friend's costume party as a Dementor from harry potter. I'll post pics when I have the time.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Better late than never, here is my Dementor costume. It bears a striking resemblance to either a Ringwraith or a Sith Lord, which I guess means I was wearing three different costumes at the same time. :p

Next to that is me in my 'casual" attire I had on underneath--for the innevitable moment when continued wear of the costume might result in heat exhaustion and the necessity to breathe. :D

Attachments

• DSkel HW2004a.jpg
    DSkel HW2004a.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 336

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Nice costume.

Here is my costume for this year, a scarecrow. Couldn't find a Dorothy. But last year I went as a Jedi and found a Dark Angel and a Bunny. Lerson learned: Women likes Jedi! :rotate:

Attachments

• scarecrow2004.jpg
    scarecrow2004.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 349
  • HSLR3_32.JPG
    HSLR3_32.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 326
  • HSLR3_41.JPG
    HSLR3_41.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 334

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
LOL! Nice costumes! Oh....sorry...got a little distracted there. The Jedi and Scarecrow costumes look great too. :p

That scarecrow really does look great.

Alf

Agent
My job finally announced the winners of the 3 day costume contest. Prizes were given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.

I came in 4th.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Alf said:
My job finally announced the winners of the 3 day costume contest. Prizes were given to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.

I came in 4th.

I guess you aren't awesome anymore. :p I bet the contest was rigged. :jacko:

Alf

Agent
1st place a girl wore a scuba diver outift one day and was an old lady another day.

2nd place a lady dressed as the Bride of Frankenstein

3rd place a lady dressed as a fat guy in overalls, then as a Beauty pagent winner and then wore pj's, slippers and cold cream on her face.

I wore a couple other costumes besides Arwen. The first day i painted my face like a skeleton, the second day i was Arwen and the third day i dressed as a farmer's daughter.