Gus Lopez on A&E

Barada

Saboteur
Forgot to mention this a couple of days ago. I was flipping channels the other night, and came across a show on A&E called the Incurable Collector. Their collectible of the week was Star Wars related merchandise, and they had a 7 minute segment on Gus Lopez's collection. Some nice shots of that Death Star prop he owns, as well as the rest of his collection. I know A&E sometimes repeats their programs, so those of you that can browse upcoming shows on your TV, I highly recommend looking for it and watching it.

One amusing note was watching host John Larroquete (Dan Fielding from '80's hit sitcom Night Court), mention collectible prices. Did you know that a vintage carded Leia Bespin in absolute mint shape may reach as high as $100, and a 12back Luke could get $400? The last I checked, mint ones sold for much more than that.

Barada

Update: Just checked the A&E website, and this upcoming Sunday at noon they will be highlighting Star Wars and G.I. Joe toys as "Collectibles of Tomorrow". Check it out here

Barada

Saboteur
Gus Lopez is considered one of the premiere Star Wars collectors in the world. His collection may be second only to Steve Sansweet. He also has the only actual Death Star prop in the world, and will be at Celebration II to give collecting advice.

Barada