Group Chat This Sunday

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Giveaways?

:yawn:

Sounds fun but I think it takes a while to get a sponsor...

And I think the flick feature is OK, as long as we have a hammer, so we can bash astronmech droids when they enter the chat:)

Originally posted by CoruscantCosta
Giveaways?

:yawn:

Sounds fun but I think it takes a while to get a sponsor...

And I think the flick feature is OK, as long as we have a hammer, so we can bash astronmech droids when they enter the chat:)

Just don't spill my beer!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
We've done giveaways in chat before and the response was not nearly as high as we get for normal giveaways. We may consider trying it again.

Barada

Saboteur
For everyone:

Group chats are so rare around here these days because I haven't been able to be around to hold them since my computer crashed in April. I only get to visit once every week or two, which is making something like group chat next to impossible for me to organize.

This does not mean that I am the only moderator that can hold a chat, nor does it mean you can't organize one yourselves, as I've seen the beginnings of here. Either choice would be welcome, but as far as running them from a 'site' perspective, group chats have, from the start of the chat room's creation here, been mainly my responsibility. I organized the last chat because I was expecting to have my computer back by then, but obviously this still hasn't happened. Many thanks to wookiee cookiee who took over with no notice, and my only wish is that the chats had as much participation as the threads asking for them.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, when I'm back for sure full-time, I'm going to do some investigating as to how to make the chats a better experience. One thing I will say is that the next one I make will be an afternoon chat, so we can incorporate some of our UK friends, and not leaving them feel like they've been left out, as that is not the intention here.

If anyone has any suggestions that they don't want made public, feel free to email me at barada@thebothanspy.com. It may take a week or two for me to get back temporarily, but all input is welcomed.

Barada

Hey Barada, if you sell me all your vintage R2's on card you can get your computer fixed.;)

(I'm just looking out for you):)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
A time to suite those of us in Europe would be great. I stayed up for a group chat once, but the the time difference was too much for me. Went to work like a zombie the next day.......

.....what's different about that......I can hear you !!:sleep:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
The trick of getting sponsors notwithstanding, a lesser turn-out on chat give-aways should actually be an incentive to those who do show up. Greater chances of winning.

I'd only been hanging out on TBS for about a week or so when I won that Deluxe Anakin in the Halloween chat contest. Of course, I think one of the Alltroops guys won it first, but already had it and put it back up for grabs again.

Of course, I already had one myself too, but that's beside the point. And my point was....I don't know. I like chats and I like prizes :D

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
darthskelington, I think you change your avatar more than some people change their underwear around here. ;) I've liked all the avatars though. w00t!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thank you Wookiee Cookiee :p Since Costa made some comment a few days ago about me needing a more interesting avatar, I've decided to dig up some interesting avatars.

(Strange comment though from CC, considering he also uses a stock TBS avatar, no?) ;)

I rather like my current "horned" avatar, which was spur of the moment, after spending a good half hour trying unsuccessfully to make a cool background for that guard helmet. I'll see if I can dig up a couple more distinctive ones before settling on one for a while.