Group Chat This Sunday

Barada

Saboteur
Wow, lotsa changes going on around here in my absence. It was mentioned in another thread about the lack of group chats lately. Therefore, it is my pleasure to announce the first 'official' group chat in some time, this upcoming Sunday night at 9 pm EST. Everyone is invited, especially new members who have never been in the chat room.

Registration is easy, as you just follow the chat link at the top of the forum pages, and follow the simple directions.

I'm not sure if my home computer will be fixed in time for it, but with any luck, I'll be there. Hope to see plenty of people there!

Barada

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I was their and having AuntBeru kcik me off every second because I was bored and kept typing the same letter was annoying.:(

I also agree that you should post reminders.

P.S. CC, why were you watching Shark Week instead of ANH on The Superstation?

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
1. Who wants to come to a celebrate Barada chat anyway? lol

2. Shark Week only happens once a year, I have ANH, ive seen it 30,000 times. Anatomy of a Shark Bite was better.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Yoda Man -

AuntBeru was scaled down quite some time ago so that she would not kick people out unless it was pretty extreme. It's possible that those settings got reset somehow or that she needs to be toned down further.

I'll take a look at her and see what the deal is. Aunt Beru's main purpose in life is not to kick people from chat.

Geese Barada. We should have gotten a "Save Barada's Computer Pool" going on. Its been very quiet in your absence.

I was going to say that Sunday better come quick cause these guys are chatting so much in this thread that they won't have anything to chat about in the chat room. I've been busy lately and didn't notice I missed it - being last Sunday.

Barada

Saboteur
Well, everyone, it seems like the trouble here continues....:(

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I WILL be back soon. Sorry about not making chat, and when I get back, I'm going to do some work on improving it, and that means I'll be asking some questions from the members here. Perhaps a different day? Time? I want to make this a positive experience on the site for those who participate, so your input will hopefully accomplish that.

Carl Waterworth, EST is five hours behind UK time, so our 9 pm start would have been 2 am for you. I realize this is a problem, which is only natural when you're dealing with a membership that covers all different time zones. Some time ago, I tried an early afternoon chat (evening for those is Western Europe), specifically to try to get around this, and the response was worse than almost any other chat. Making it worse was the fact that not one person from the UK showed up. I'm open to trying it again, but we need support from those interested.

Yodaman, sorry about your troubles with Beru, but it looks like a glitch that Borsk can fix easily (at least that's the way I took it when I spoke with AmShak). Hopefully, you aren't put off from future chats.

Chris Solo, maybe your 'pool' isn't a bad idea :) See you all soon.

Barada

Yoda Man- Aunt Beru doesn't like it when you play with her sounds. You need to wisper sweet thoughts into the side of your moniter.
:kiss:

Originally posted by Barada

Sorry about not making chat, and when I get back, I'm going to do some work on improving it, and that means I'll be asking some questions from the members here. Perhaps a different day? Time? I want to make this a positive experience on the site for those who participate, so your input will hopefully accomplish that.

Barada

My input- Make the "Alt+F" key equal a "flick" feature so we can flick the ewok's ears when they show up in the chat room.:joystick: