Good Charlotte Plays TRL's Star Wars Special

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
20050503_sm.jpg

Celebrities and Good Charlotte are set to take over Skywalker Ranch for a special edition of MTV's "Total Request Live" (TRL) in celebration of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which hits theaters worldwide on May 19.

TRL's Star Wars special -- airing on May 13th at 5:00 p.m. (ET/PT) -- is hosted by MTV VJs Damien Fahey and La La Vasquez, and features a special performance by Good Charlotte, who are also passionate Star Wars fans.

"When we heard about this MTV Star Wars party at Skywalker Ranch, we had to be there," said Good Charlotte lead singer Joel Madden. "We are huge Star Wars fans and never thought we'd even get the chance to visit the Ranch, much less perform there in front of George Lucas. And we can't wait to finally see the movie -- this will be a big day for us and our fans."

The Waldorf, Maryland-based group, fronted by the Madden brothers Joel and Benji, have been on the charts with such hits as "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," "Boys and Girls," and "Hold On."

In addition to an exclusive performance from Good Charlotte, MTV will bring viewers and Star Wars fans all the action and excitement from the party at Skywalker Ranch with plenty of surprises. Invited guests will get an advance screening of Revenge of the Sith and MTV will be there to get their reaction and feedback.

Some of the invited celebrity guests include: Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings), Seth Green ("Family Guy," Italian Job), Danny Masterson ("That '70s Show"), Topher Grace ("That '70s Show"), Mila Kunis ("That '70s Show"), Josh Schwartz ("The O.C."), Peter Gallagher ("The O.C."), Michael Rosenbaum ("Smallville"), Donald Faison ("Scrubs"), Jonathan Tucker (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ), Brendan Fehr (Final Destination), Macaulay Culkin (Saved), Orlando Jones (Runaway Jury , Office Space), Kevin Smith (Director and Silent Bob), Kathleen Robertson (Scary Movie 2) and more.

Viewers will also get a glimpse of the incredible and rarely seen sites of Skywalker Ranch as MTV takes them on a guided tour.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
darthskelington said:
nifty....I saw about five minuite of teh AOTC MTV thing when it aired. Lucas actually showed up at the end.

I saw most of the AOTC one at C3 in the SW in Pop Culture room. It was pretty cool. I don't have cable so I'm gonna miss this one. :(