Gold Stormtrooper

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
This is one I've never heard of, not sure if its for real or not. Apparently its a limited run of 200. Anyone know anything about it and if its for real, any idea of value?

Attachments

• Gold Stormtrooper.JPG
    Gold Stormtrooper.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 611

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Haven't heard of that one, built there is a gold (or gold and silver) Sandtroper that is limited to 200. It was a Lucasfilm gift to whoever was really lucky. The bottom said Happy Holidays and # of 200 and the Gentle Giant info.

I think I saw that one in an auciton, and I saved pics. I'll post when I get a chance. Don't know what it sold for, but the asking price was insanely expensive. $1000 methinks. Frankly, I think thats just an artifical inflation due to popularity if GG and imposed rarity. I mean, you could buy one of a kind movie props for less than that.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I'm thinking this one is some kind of fake. Maybe its a Chrome Stormtrooper pictured under a filter or its been sprayed or similar? More investigation round the web would seem to confirm this. I found numerous references and quotes by GG about their limited lines and this one is never mentioned, therefore must be a fruad or at least a 'custom'.

Nightwing

New Recruit
I haveseen custom chrome scout troopers as well as black hole stormtroopers on eBay, so this could be like that

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
A chrome stormtrooper with Gold pauldron bust has just shown up on ebay. I think there was one mentioned here a while back, probably by Nightwing. If memory serves it went for an astronomical price of around $3500??

The current one can be viewed here

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I'm pretty sure I saw this being discussed elsewhere and it was concluded that it was a fake. Keep in mind that all the "chromed" busts are silver.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
The previous discussion was right under our noses - in THIS thread. Just read back up a bit and you'll find this post :-

Nightwing said:
there is a chrome sandtrooper which as skel said, is limited to 200 pieces and only gave out to "certain extended members of the Gentle Giant business family"

I looked everywhere for it - except here, obviously - DOH!!

Looks like this one is for real, anyway.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
There's another of the 'holiday special' chrome sandtroopers with gold pauldron on ebay. Only a few hours to go, so if you have a couple of thousand to spare, check out auction #6569265069.

Alternatively, if you believe there ever was a real gold stormtrooper bust, you might want to look at auction # 6568609679 ;)