Free Comic Book Day - Trooping and Purchases

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yesterday Erica, myself, and friend Joshua drove down to Nacogdoches, TX and trooped at a Hastings for Free Comic Book day. We dressed as Leia and a Royal Guard, of course, and Joshua was a Sandtrooper. We walked around the store, posed for pictures, and waved to passing cars from the parking lot (trying not to cause any car wrecks). The Hastings manager and employees were very welcoming. Overall, a fun time. The event lasted about 2 hours. 501st Legion members nationwide trooped at various Hastings locations. Hastings as a company will be making a donation to one of the Legion’s preferred charities (usually children’s charity or cancer research fund).

Afterwards we shopped around Hastings and snagged a few used graphic novels cheap. On the way home we stopped at another Hastings and snagged some more. After getting home, we realized that all Used graphic novels were on sale…30% off. Since most were already half off….this was quite a steal. Had I known this at the store, I would have picked up a couple Spike books (from Buffy), for about $7 each. Oh well.

I snagged:

Marvel: Annihilation Volume 2 sc for $8.74
BPRD: Vol 8 for $6.29
Aliens Omnibus: Vol 1 for $8.74

Also, the GI Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide…also used for $8.74! For some reason they consider it a graphic novel. This is similar to the SW Essential Guides.

Lastly, I snagged a copy of the Star Wars: Ultimate Visual Guide for $12.50….(not on sale, but still half off retail). All books were in excellent condition.

For those wondering, there were no Star Wars comics for FCBD this year. However, there was GI Joe #155 1/2 , which picks up where the original series left off, and should pave the way for the continuing series.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
4572048564_4eb8f345b2.jpg