• Alien³

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien: Resurrection

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
As a result of the Alien comments in the Terminator thread...a new poll.

Barada

Saboteur
Harder question than the Terminator one.

Alien 3 and 4 were substandard movies. 3 was okay, but 4 just stunk.

However, the first two are excellent.

Alien has a better story in my opinion, but a plot that depends on suspense means that it moves a bit more slowly.

Aliens was just so cool in every possible way, and barely wins this one for me.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I think Alien is a more interesting movie. But I really like Aliens as well.

3 and 4 are alright movies - that don't quite meet the same standard as the first 2. I wouldn't say that 4 stunk (it's my least favorite, but it's definately watchable).

Like the Terminator movies, I think you could sit down and watch these out of order and be alright (as far as understanding what's going on).

As a side comment, I would probably vote for a Ridley Scott movie over a James Cameron movie most of the time.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I gotta go with Aliens. I grew up watching it all the time.....and it just plain rocks. ALien is quite good too, but is suspense movie as Barada pointed out. Aliens is more action oriented. Love em both.

3 just didn't do it for me. It's a decent movie, but I didn't like the feel of it. I haven't seen it in a long while, so I'm a little out of touch. 4 had lots of cool stuff, but I just didn't care for the cloned alien queen.....that jsut put me off. Not a bad movie though.

I consider AVP more of a Predator movie, but I found it enjoyable. If I had to rank them by enjoyability, it's be:

2 Aliens
1 Alien
0 AVP
4 Resurrection
3 Alien3 :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Just watched Aliens tonight. :D Sooo good. Then I watched the complete cast credits looking for it. And there...the very last name.....it was.

Stunt Double for Newt: Kiran Shah

Kiran Shah recently appeared in Narnia as the dwarf sleigh-driver for the White Witch.

Not so recently Kiran Shah was an Ewok in ROTJ. :D

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
Kiran Shah recently appeared in Narnia as the dwarf sleigh-driver for the White Witch.
i had been think that was Deep Roy

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Alien was by far the most gripping, nailbiting of the series for me. Having said that, the entertainment value of Resurrection was great too.