Episode VII Rumours & News

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A rumour for the Episode VII (aka Abrams' Destroys Another Franchise ;)) plot from CosmicBookNews.com ...

Our DC Entertainment source who has been providing us information on Man of Steel, the Justice League Movie and Batman reboot, has sent over a batch of Star Wars Episode VII news.

Our source says he had the luxury of talking with someone from Lucasfilm who sent over the following details.

Our source does state to take it as a rumor, though.

• Star Wars Episode VII will be set 30 years after Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
  • It will indeed feature the Skywalker/Solo children coming to the peak of their powers
  • The Jedi Order has been rebuilt with Luke Skywalker as Grand Master
  • A disciple of Emperor Palpatine aims to rebuild the Sith Armies of the Old Republic and destroy the Jedi where the Skywalker children will be thrust into battle and face their inner demons of their Skywalker lineage.

Again, this is what our source heard and notes to definitely take it as a rumor.

Our source previously provided us information on the first news about the Man of Steel spearing-heading a DC shared universe, the first news about the Justice League 2015 film and Batman 2016 reboot as well as some scenes from both the Green Lantern movie and the new Superman movie, and more.

Star Wars Episode VII has a 2015 release date directed by J.J. Abrams.

Head on over to the Cosmic Book News Star Wars hub for more news.

30 years after Return of the Jedi would place it roughly after the New Jedi Order novels and just before The Dark Nest Trilogy.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It's official, "Star Wars" movies every year from 2015.

Alan Horn, Disney Studio Chief, has now given us an official timeline for the upcoming new Star Wars films. Episode VII will be released in 2015, with Episodes IIX and IX being released at two-year intervals after this. The stand-alone films will be delivered in the "off years" in-between.

We'll have to wait and see if they are actually real "Star Wars" movies, or just more of Hollyweird's current fad for in-name-only, barely recognisable garbage that creates a massive confused mess of an existing franchise.

It also looks like things are going to start getting VERY expensive, especially if you collect everything.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
Hi guys!

Long time no post in like 8 years! I had to come back because my little sis in law keeps telling me that they cancelled creation of the new film due to budget cuts and I didn't believe it! So looks like the new films are still rolling? I don't know how you guys feel but I'm super excited. Mark Hamill!!!!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Nope, no budget cuts and, as above, the new Trilogy is still going ahead, plus extra spin-off movies ... plenty of job cuts since Disney took over though:
  • LucasAnimation - CLOSED
  • LucasArts (computer games) - CLOSED
  • plus rumours of job loses at LucasFilm as well
:(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yes, the movie(s) are still a go. A whole new trilogy, plus new spin off movies (possibly Yoda, Boba Fett, Han, etc). Things are definitely changing and exciting in Star Wars Land. :) Disney spent a lot of money on SW, and they plan on taking advantage of it. For now, I'm sitting back a letting a rumors fly, and will pay more attention when it's actually movie time. As a big fan of the expanded universe of novels, games, and comics, I'm concerned about what may happen to this continuity and more importantly, the new characters that we have come to know and love over the past 25 years, that could potentially be erased. Whatever happens, it will still be exciting to have new SW movies.