Episode III Title?

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
rogueace2000 found this at TF.N

USA Today reports:

We caught George Lucas wandering around the grounds with his daughter, Katie. The director said the title of Star Wars: Episode III won't officially be announced until November, when the first trailer hits theaters. But he conceded that fans on Web sites already have guessed correctly. So we threw a couple of rumored titles at him: Rise of the Empire? "No, that's not it," Lucas said. How about Revenge of the Sith? With that, Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased, "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there ..."

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I doubt that's the title either - it's probably just George Lucas trying to get the interviewer to stop listing EVERY fan-created title in existence. :)

I am leaning towards "Revenge of the Sith" Why you ask?

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have REVENGE"

This title has already been set up. Just my .03

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
CloneCommanderBry said:
I am leaning towards "Revenge of the Sith" Why you ask?

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have REVENGE"

This title has already been set up. Just my .03

I agree. :D

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Return of the Jedi
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith

Seems like too many "of the" titles...

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Borsk said:
Return of the Jedi
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith

Seems like too many "of the" titles...

Well, look at Lord of the Rings
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Return of the King

But you might be right, we'll just have to wait and see.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Also, Revenge of the Sith seems too obvious (considering the previous 2 titles - TPM & AOTC).

Don't get me wrong, I'd be satified with that or just about any other title. The title isn't going to have much of an impact on me seeing the movie.

LOTR - "The Two Towers" was the best of the 3 movies. ;)

Reclaimer

Kenobi. Obi-Wan-Kenobi.
Over at LucasForums uder the Star Wars Forums, a exclusive interview with George Lucas was posted. In this interview Death of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith were thrown at him as possible tittles. Death of the Jedi was a "no", but Revenge of the Sith, as Lucas put it, was still in "Consideration."

This hopefully can work out, but we don't want to get our hops up just yet. I'll find a link to it this afternoon.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Reclaimer said:
... we don't want to get our hops up just yet. ...

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

^
The Bothan Spy Forum regulars getting their "hops" up.
:D :p ;)

chris solo said:
Those are some good title names! I have alot of high expectations for this next movie. The titles seem to have a pattern of their own.

1) The Phantom Menace
2) Attack of the Clones
3) *
4) A New Hope
5) The Empire Strikes Back
6) Return of the Jedi

* Fall of the Republic

Episode III
Fall of the Republic

How does this sound?

I'll stay with my original idea or the guys that suggest Revenge of the Sith. :saber:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I fully expect another crazy title that will upset everybody. Anything less would be a disappointment.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Looks like the obvious has won out.

Apparenetly the official title has just been announced and its........

no prizes for guessing..............

Revenge of the Sith!!!!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Hmmmm ... I know it was supposedly announced at the Comic Con and is evidently on StarWars.com (I haven't checked there yet, the website is SO s-l-o-w to load), but from the logos / T-shirts floating around the Internet it's difficult to believe this is true. The logo looks like some fan hack job of the RotJ logo and doesn't match the other prequel logos ... then again, maybe that's the point. :confused:

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Absolutely, couldn't agree more, but thats the logo on the t-shirt at starwars.com, so it does look like they've officially settled on the obvious rather than the obscure :banghead: