Episode III Title?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Well, the rumor that the title contains the word "Circle" has been kicked around the Usenet Newsgroups for a few days, and now this appears on the Corona Coming Attractions website ...
By now longtime readers of our Star Wars listings will know to never, ever accept at face value any anonymous scoop unless we stand behind it 100%. Unfortunately, we have no idea if the person who sent us today's scoop has some kind of access to inside info or if our chains are being yanked. Again.

Our latest scooper told us to remember who broke this news to us first, so if it turns out to be true, we'll know we had someone close to the production sending us inside intelligence. If not, well, there's a whole universe of Star Wars fan fiction ain't there? So with that said, here comes the possible title SPOILER info...

They say that Lucas is going to call the movie Star Wars Episode III: Circle of the Force. After surviving through The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, at this point anything's possible.
Coincidence, true scoop, or simply someone posting a title from the Newsgroups ... only time will tell.

:)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Now it looks like someone's created a fake teaser poster with
this title (probably more popping up all over the web as I type) ...

tease_ST_epIII.jpg

:)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I don't have a problem with that title, but I doubt that's what it's called.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I like the sound of the "title", not bad at all .Whatever Lucas names the next film that'll be up to him . Believe it when you hear it from the official source and no one else

han solo

Friend of a Wookie
Originally posted by CoruscantCosta
Its sort of a cheesy title. A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Were good titles.

This one is terribel.

I agree! all thrre old trilogy movie titles were better than the prequil ones me thinks.
I think the title should have something to do with darth vader...:dance:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
the title would be better if it had an action word in it. Circle of the Force doesn't really sound "action-packed".

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I got an idea! Howbout there is a contest where you make up a title for episode III and the rest of the community votes for the best one. Then, the winner finds George Lucas' email, and sells it to him for a million dollars.

(((((((((((jk))))))))))))))))))...........kind of.......

OR

We could not make it a contest and just make up titles....

:D

I'll try and think of one sooner or later.:sleep:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Good Idea CC!....

Star Wars Episode III : The Darkness Beckons.....

well it's a start....lol

Anyone else?

Barada

Saboteur
I have always thought a very fitting title would be -

Episode III - Fall of the Jedi

It could be taken to mean the Jedi Knights certain doom in the final movie, the fall of the Jedi in general as guardians of peace, or the personal descent of Anakin to the dark side.

Barada

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
STAR WARS
EPISODE III
The Real Attack of the Clones

The clones didnt really attack in ep2

How long ago was star wars? How long ago is a long, long time?

And where might I find the far away galaxy?

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Those are some good title names! I have alot of high expectations for this next movie. The titles seem to have a pattern of their own.

1) The Phantom Menace
2) Attack of the Clones
3) *
4) A New Hope
5) The Empire Strikes Back
6) Return of the Jedi

* Fall of the Republic

Episode III
Fall of the Republic

How does this sound?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I think it needs to be about something leaving or being destroyed to keep with the pattern. This could either be the Republic of the Jedi.

That's why "Circle of the Force" doesn't seem right.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i don't have any problems with "rise of the empire"... "republic of the jedi" doesn't really do it for me but i think that "fall of the jedi" fits the pattern better.

darklighter

New Recruit
I'd have to agree with Chris Solo, in that it may have something to do with 'republic'. I severely doubt that the word 'empire' would be used multiple times...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
From what I'm seeing here and other places, the most likely titles are "Rise of the Empire", "Fall of the Jedi" and something that includes "circle".
I also don't think that they would use "empire" in two titles and using that same theory, it wouldn't jive to have "Jedi" appear in a title again but "Fall of the Jedi" would make more sense as it would reflect the fall and rise (ROTJ) of the jedi in the movies. "Fall of the Jedi" gets my vote, but I would have never voted for "attack of the clones".
I don't buy anything that has the word "Circle" in it and i'm not anti "republic" but it doesn't sound right to me, but again, AOTC didn't either.

Yeah the "circle" bit just doesn't do it for me. You would need to use circle at the biginning or the end of a series, not in the middle.

Maybe they'll let someone name it if they can gather over 1,000,000 Hasbro Points!
:no: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :roflmao: