Episode III Frito-Lay Store Display

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well...I lucked out and got a Frito-Lay POS (point of sale) SW display today. :D The vendor was originally going to give it to me when he was done with it, but he forgot to put it out. After a few days, we met up again and he said I could just have it.

On the downside, the Pepsi guy dropped the ball and didn't get any SW material...which is too bad as he was all for snagging me some free stuff. :(

This is basically a "design your own" display kit. Frito Lay chips are often merchandised in large cardboard "shelving units", for lack of a better term. They usually come in red, but the ones out now are black.

The kit contains two large (2' by 7'4") side panels that would adhere to the sides of the shelves, and three jumbo sheets of cardboard punch-outs (30" by 40") that could be placed anywhere you choose. The punch-outs came in a thin plain carboard boxed, with a description on one side.

The colorful side panels feature movie scenes with Lay's Potato Chips creatively inserted into the action. Of note, the Lightsaber Yoda punch-out is approximately life-size.

Attachments

• ROTS Frito Lay 00.jpg
    ROTS Frito Lay 00.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 331
  • ROTS Frito Lay 01.jpg
    ROTS Frito Lay 01.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 342
  • ROTS Frito Lay 02.jpg
    ROTS Frito Lay 02.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 336
  • ROTS Frito Lay 03.jpg
    ROTS Frito Lay 03.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 336
  • ROTS Frito Lay 04.jpg
    ROTS Frito Lay 04.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 340

Alf

Agent
At another store in the grocery chain I work for had a cool Pepsi display for the Call Yoda promo. It had 2 sides one with lights and different characters. Plus the 2 cut outs of Yoda and Chewie.

I'll have to chat with the Pepsi guy and see if that one is on his route. :)

Yoda Man

New Recruit
On the topic of Lays, does anyone have a complete list of all the Star wars chips. I went to rebelscum and thought it was complete, but today at my Giant food store I saw an 8 pack of chips with a young Anakin on a bag of lays. Is this a rare one, or what. Just curious.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I haven't seen or heard anything about the new bags yet, other than maybe one picture online a few weeks ago. My store doesn't have any of the chips yet, or even the candy wrappers.