Entertainer Deaths

Barada

Saboteur
Okay, completely off topic discussion here. With the news of Robert Palmer's (Addicted to Love, etc.) death this morning of a heart attack at 54, that brings an unprecedented number of entertainer deaths in the last few months. Starting with Katherine Hepburn, and continuing through Charles Bronson, John Ritter, Johnny Cash, etc., this has been an unusually high number of high profile celebrity shocks.

Barada is feeling sad today, and wonders if anyone else shares this, especially since Mr. Palmer had a song dedicated just to him - Simply Irresistible.

Barada

I think its horrible seeing all the old greats dying off. Robert Palmer was never anyone special to me, but still didn't want to see him go.

I was watching Grumpier Old Men this morning and felt very sad to see Walter Mathau and Jack Lemmon thinking that-that was it.

There aren't any new stars replacing the stature of the old ones. Where are the new Rambos, Arnolds and Eastwoods?

Times are changing.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I agree, it's hard to see them go, even when they haven't been in the spotlight for a while (like Bob Hope), or even if they aren't a favorite performer.

I feel badly that John Ritter passed away, even though 3's Company (sorry if I got the wrong show) was a little before my time, and I've only seen 8 Simple Rules maybe three or four times.

Celebrities fill an important place in our lives whether we realize it or not. :(

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Hear, hear. i'm sure we all feel the same way when Sir Alec Guinness died....like why did it happen. They leave a real impact on your life....