Enter our Christmas Giveaways

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
122503.all.jpg

«
The time has come to enter for your chance to win in our Christmas Giveaways contest. One email enters you into each contest. Each prize is it's own contest and each entry has the same chances of winning in each contest.
«
The prizes are: (1) 3 EP1 figures (Maul, Anakin & Obi-Wan) with bonus Pit Droid * (2) 2 Saga Hoth Rebel Soldiers * (3) A Clone Wars Geonosian Starfighter * (4) A Saga A-Wing * (5) 2 Imperial Dignitaries (Janus Greejatus & Klen Blista-Vanee) * (6) 3 Unleashed figures (Yoda, Han & Fett)
«
You may register for this contest by sending us an e-mail, including your first and last name in the subject line. You may only register once. Duplicate entries will disqualify ALL entries. The winner will be announced in the Espionage Report and have one week to claim their prize.
«
Thanks go out to all of our sponsors for providing the prizes and the winners will be selected next weekend.
«
lights2.gif

Yoda Man

New Recruit
1) When does the contest end?
2) Is this like last year in the sense that you could win all the prizes?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
answer to the first question ......

Originally posted by AmShak
Thanks go out to all of our sponsors for providing the prizes and the winners will be selected next weekend.

answer to 2nd question .....
Yes, it is possible to win all of the prizes although i think it would be highly unlikely for that to happen.

I e-mailed my entry as well.

Thank You for these wonderful giveaways and Happy Holidays to everyone at The Bothan Spy.

Good luck to all !

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
and the winners are .......

Jason Pollock ...... Unleashed Figures

Justin Nackley .....Geonosian Starfighter

Mike Jennings ...... Hoth Rebels

John Berger ....... Imperial Dignitaries

Tony Cruz ......... Pit Droids

Kimberly Powell ...... A-Wing

Each winner has one week to claim their prize by contacting me. amshak@thebothanspy.com

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I wish it were only opened to forum members like last year. How many people that won are forum members? And how many people that entered are forum members?

It doesn't matter. We have had this similar situation in past contests and its not the point. The point is to have fun and enjoy the site. Winning a contest isn't something we are owed..... its a privilage.

Better luck next time.:)

How do you know that all of the winners aren't forum members? After all, only their real names have been posted, not thier TBS forum names. I only know about two "real" names of all members in here. The rest I wouldn't know from "Adam".
Also, who's to say that they aren't forum members, they just don't reply to EVERY SINGLE post that AmShak and the crew put up like some people do. I come here every day to read the latest news on SW. Not to see how many one word posts I can accumulate. Everyone had a fair shot. If people find it unfair, then they shouldn't play.

Besides, Christmas is the time for giving, and that is what TBS does....very generously I might add and all year through.
With that note, I say CONGRATS to the winners. Happy belated X-mas and have a happy New Year everyone!!! :cheers:

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
How do you prevent multiple entries when doing email contests since you cant compare IPs?....or can you?

Anyway......congrats to all who won and a happy holidays to everybody again.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Congrats to eveybody who won! Those are some nice prizes. While I'm disappointed, I have to look at it from the flip side: I already own all the prizes except for those (really expensive:mad: ) Unleashed figures.

Not that I couldn't use some more army builders, but I'm glad someone else's collection is that much more complete. :)

Beside's, contests make it fun for eveerone, especially the new readers. I won a contest last year, after only a couple weeks on the site, and I've been here ever since. Now you can't get rid of me :D Muahahahahaha!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
we do some contest this way and some we limit to the forum members. there is logic to doing it either way so we try and split it up. Sometimes sponsors prefer that we do giveaways a certain way while others don't really care. The number of forum members who visit the site each day is only a fraction of the visitors the site gets on a daily basis and the number of "active" forum members is a fraction of that fraction. Although i would like to reward those who "contribute" to the site, i don't want to exclude all of the others who visit the site. This site does not need sponsors but if we want to do giveaways and games and such, then we do. sponsors like to see traffic coming to their site from a sponsored site .... w/o the traffic there is no point in sposoring (for most). So, to keep the sponsors we need forum members and non-forum members hitting their links.
i hope that makes sense. if i had enough stuff to give everyone something, then i would .... but i don't .... so as far as i can tell, this is the next best thing.
i have said this in the past and if you remember what i said, you probably think i'm full of it because it hasn't happened. there is a feature coming soon that will help me help those who make actual contributions have a better chance of getting something and it should be something fun for everyone as well. this feature is long overdue, as i recall, it was supposed to be available before last xmas but it obviously had some major bugs and the last i heard it was supposed to be available by this xmas. i haven't heard if it really is or not (not my area of the site) but until it is, it's out of our hands.
We should be able to work in some forum games soon .... maybe i can get wookiee cookiee to see if dexter's diner is open or maybe we'll have something new. I need to get to work on the next Unified Site Contest, which should be in action by the end of january. for anyone who has been playing the USC and watched it's evolution, this next one will be taking it up another level and should provide plenty of entertainment as well as a chance to win several nice prizes.
Until then, i thank everyone who plays the games or enters the contests or just drops by to see what's new.