Ebay Winnings Thread

I figured I'd start a thread on new aquisitions from ebay so we can share what we recently received . This way we can have eachothers opinion on if we got a good deal.

Good Deal- :cheers:

Bad Deal- :no: :banghead:

Last night I had a good opportunity on these two items. Nobody had bid on them so I placed minimum bids. I got the first one no problem and then the second one started to jump in the last two minutes.

I went higher than I wanted to on the Ewok Village but I figured the deal I got on the first item would compensate for the "possible loss" on the second. It was the same dealer so I received combined shipping.

Turret Probot Playset

Ewok Village Playset

Sometimes I just buy things to sell or trade in the future. Really I just got the first item for the Probe Droid.

Do you think I got an OK deal?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think the Probot playset was an excellent deal...I don't think you could've gotten it any cheaper. (Although it's not and JC Penny exclusive like he claims).

The Ewok village is a little high, but not a bad price, considering what you might pay for it at a show or store. Might be hard to track down that one railing though. Otherwise, seems nice for only missing one piece.

Overall, I'd say good deal.

Since you bought the one just for the Probot, can I have the upper part of the gun turret? I bought my playset at a second hand shop when I was 8 or 9, and have never had the top to the turret. For the last 15 years, I've had a Probot and Rebel Outhouse playset ;)

Let me know and we could make a deal.

DS: I'll think it over. I'm sure he hasn't even packed it yet.

Carl: That is sweet. There are a whole bunch of vintage carded ending in the next 3hrs. I really think you should look at.
:evil:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hey Carl, nice figure. I don't collect vintage carded, so I have no feel for price. Still, that's a nice looking figure/card/bubble. :)

Chris, let me know once you receive them. I didn't mean to pressure you before you even own the items :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I've never bothered with eBay (aka ScamBay), partly because of the shipping costs are so horrendous to the back-of-beyond, although there is a local eBay.co.nz version too.

I have got LOTS of stuff over the last couple of years from a local auction website, TradeMe. :)

Good deal.....

Oh yeah! Strike another one up for the Gipper. I really needed this variation and got it dirt cheap. I think I have 36 different carded R2s now. I desperately need to upgrade my collection photos.:D

Carded R2-D2 Variation

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Re: Good deal.....

Originally posted by chris solo
Oh yeah! Strike another one up for the Gipper. I really needed this variation and got it dirt cheap. I think I have 36 different carded R2s now. I desperately need to upgrade my collection photos.:D

Carded R2-D2 Variation

I had that one a while back. Youve never seent that variation???

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thought I'd revive this thread. Haven't spent much time on ebay this year, but spent the better part of the afternoon bidding today :D

I snagged a loose vintage POTF Han Solo with Carbonite Block for $26. Shipping brought it to $31. No coin though. I'm pretty happy about that deal. It looks like the price on Han Carbonites has been dropping. I remember when they were selling for $80-$110. Now it looks like they go for $50-80.

Hey DS. Long time no see.

I noticed POTF figures dropping myself. I finally picked up a loose R2 for $32 usd. I figure (and happily) that prices are dropping regarding LOTR and because we are in a "dead zone" between movies.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
$32? Wow. I need to start shopping for more POTF. I saw an A-WIng pilot for $5 that had been up for almost 2 days with no bids. I gave it a crack, but someome else has starting bidding on it too.

Nice to see you too, CS :D