dustrho's collection

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Here is my Star Wars collection. Due to very limited display space only half of my collection is visible in this room. The rest of it is all packed away in boxes in the garage.

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/collection.htm

Later this summer my wife & I are going to buy a new house that will have a huge basement, and she said the basement will be all mine. So, of course it will become my Star Wars museum. She's a great woman!

Barada

Saboteur
Very impressive Dustrho. Is that a customized POTJ Bespin Guard, and what head is used on it?

I think Hasbro can profit on their army builder figures just by selling to you! :)

Barada

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Originally posted by Barada
Is that a customized POTJ Bespin Guard, and what head is used on it?

Actually, I got that figure through a trade and wasn't aware it was a custom until a year after I got it. I just didn't notice it right away, and then someone else pointed that out to me and voila! I had a custom POTJ Bespin Guard. Not really sure what head was used on it, but it looks a lot better than the one that originally comes on it.

Originally posted by Barada
I think Hasbro can profit on their army builder figures just by selling to you!

If only they would make MORE army-building figure sets! ;)

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Thank you for the compliments fellas.

Because my wife and I are getting ready to start shopping for a house I started dismantling my collection last night. On the east wall in my office I managed to pack away my entire loose Imperial army. In one way it was depressing to pack them away, but it was good because of the fact that when we buy a house the ENTIRE basement will be devoted to my Star Wars collection.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Talk about a sad, sad day. :'(

Today was the first day (of many) that I have started taking down my collection. Well, I took down one shelf of loose Imperial figures during the week, but today I've really been busting my butt. I've been working on the room for 3 hours, packing everything away neatly in boxes. The reason for that is that my wife & I are going to start searching for a new home soon, and I need to pack all this up before we put our townhouse on the market. It's so depressing see bare walls with nothing up on them, and my little dioramas (nothing compared to Sandtrooper Dan's, of course) are just gone. I'll take a picture of the room when I get it emptied out.

But, the good thing about this is that when we find a house, the basement will be 100% devoted toward my Star Wars collection. My wife, Carrie, has agreed that I can do whatever I want to do with decorating it. Not sure what I have in mind, but it will depend if we get a house with a finished or unfinished basement.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Well, we have FINALLY purchased a new house! We will be moving into it on June 24, and yes the whole basement will still be mine. Click on the link below to view pictures of our home... unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the basement on my site quite yet. It's currently an unfinished basement, but it is HUGE!

I have recently completed packing up my entire collection, and it just sickens me to see it all packed away. I can't wait to take everything out and display it all. But, that brings up another point. The basement is unfinished, and granted I would love to finish it but I just don't have the funds to do that right away. So how does everyone here display their collections if they're in an unfinished basement (pictures would be great)?

Here's the link to pics of our new house...
http://www.chrisrhoads.com/photos/our_house.htm

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Well, my collection is looking pretty good now, with it being displayed on newly acquired bookshelves & pegboard. There still a lot of work that needs to be done with it, but I'm really enjoying the overall process of setting it up from scratch again. Check out the new pictures by clicking on the URL below...

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/collection.htm

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Nice work dustrho :) I've always wondered what a BIG row of shelves would look like. I think yours is the first collection I've seen with a solid wall of them, looks great. I've always been leary of white shelves, but they work great as everything shows up against them. I'm sure they help with lighting issues too.

Most impressive. :D

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Fabulous collection Chris!! Green with envy here.

Is that a set of bootleg clone troopers in there,btw? I've searched high and low for a set, but obviously not in the right place :)

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Darth Boru said:
Fabulous collection Chris!! Green with envy here.

Is that a set of bootleg clone troopers in there,btw? I've searched high and low for a set, but obviously not in the right place :)

Yes, it is a set of bootleg Clone Troopers! Good eyes you have! Thanks all for the compliments!

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Updated my collection page yet again, but this time it's a little bit more organized than just random photos all over the place. LMK what you guys think. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Very nice :) I like the new photo organization. You've got a little bit of everything going on in your displays. I'm quite envious of your Cartoon Clone Troopers and McQuarrie Trooper, which I've yet to snag. Not to mention you Vintage Micro Collection Death Star and Y-Wing. I think I might "borrow" those when you're not looking :D

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Holy hell, has it been a long time since I updated this thread of mine! I have drastically changed the look of my collection page, and there are a ton more photos for your viewing pleasure. Be sure to check them out!

Also, the latest thing I've been doing with my free time is building my sandtrooper armor! I am now an official sandtrooper, and am currently waiting to receive my TK identification number from the 501st Legion (it will actually be a TD number for desert trooper). Check out the pics of the progression of my armor here, and here are additional galleries from Halloween weekend.

Halloween #1
Halloween #2

I just added additional weathering to my armor this weekend, and I'm hoping to have more updated pictures of it online soon.

pa300314.jpg

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here. Thought I'd let everyone know that my sandtrooper armor has come a VERY long way since the last pics you guys had seen. I even have a site dedicated to my armor, so feel free to check out all the photos, event coverage and other stuff that's on it. Enjoy!

http://www.td1043.com