Do you collect packins?

Redleader

New Recruit
Does anybody else collect packins? I recently finished up a full collection of them: freeze frames, flashbacks, commtechs and force files. I was wondering if anybody else even cared about these things.

I also saw the new POTJ carded at the ole scumbag site. No Force Files! :crying: Hopefully they will start packins again for EP2.

Talon

New Recruit
I don't really pay much attention to the pack-ins. My favorite were the CT chips because they made good stands.
The Force Files and Freeze Frames were nothing special IMO. I know a lot of people like the Freeze Frames but I could care less for them.
If E2 gives a pack-in I hope it is a stand, possibly even a better version of the CT. I would also be interested in coins or maybe even a Evolution quality trading card.

richkulach

New Recruit
Cards

Hey there Talon, you have a very good idea with the Evolution Cards. They could have a special "Hasbro" series. It would start more people buying the Figures to get the cards, and even more people buying the Cards themselves.

Plus the fact that they would not be that much money for each packin, especially comparecd to the price of a coin. I would love that.
:cflag:
richkulach

BarneyFife

New Recruit
I like the force files. There not just chincy trash. But you know what my favorite pack in of all time is,,,,, AN ACCESORIE! Man they didn't even get porkens a blaster. Remember the good old days when every human figure came with 2 blasters? But hey the force files are nice.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
cards or stands

Have to agree with Talon on this . stands or a trading card series would be a great idea!

Thommo:aussie:

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
FF's ruled! CTC chips... Great idea, and the fact that they were stands...Even better!:cool:
The Force Files are okay, but nothing spectacular...:yawn:
But, as BarneyFife mentioned, accessories are uber' cool! The more goodies the better! :D

Vader's Obsession

New Recruit
I have to give a thumbs up to the trading card idea. They're doing this with the Gundam figures, and the cards they give are pretty nice. They did this in the past, though, where they packed trading cards in with various star wars toys. Bend-em toys had an exclusive Star Wars Galaxy card packed in with every Bendie. Also, when Kenner did the remake of the 4 vintage figures, there were 4 unique Star Wars Widevision cards packed in with them. There were more pack-ins with Star Wars Toys, but it was never done on a particullarly large scale, and never on carded figures.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Extras!

Freeze Frames are my favorite. Love holding them up to the light . Cards are great also as they become mainstream collectables. Don't wish to pay extra for them on future cards. :D

vfermi

Consultant
hmm...packins

I HATE PACKINS... seldom have they added anything to the fig. I want a return to the $4.76 figure... call me cheap but i think the CT chips sounded HORRIBLE and didnt make all that good stands, FF were "rare", the flashback things were kinda dumb, EU were ok but I didnt open any of the "playsets". I guess the best pack in would be a ROUND real stand kinda thing. Xtra weapons or "accessories" like bananaman's skeleton would be a good idea too... for openers like talon and dio guys like amshak.