De Agostini Tin Figure Mag launch offer reviewed

Discussion in 'Sponsor & Affiliate News' started by AmShak, Feb 13, 2005.

1. AmShak

AmShak Senior Moderator Staff Member

2. Nightwing

Nightwing New Recruit

I am never gonna trust deagnosti again.

They published the star wars fact file a while ago, and I started to buy it on the basis that they said that they could get me the back issues that I missed. They never did.

It was supposed to stop at about #120 but went way beyond that.

3. Darth Aussie

Darth Aussie Australian Sith Lord

I started to get those Mags as well but i think i stopped after 20 or so. I was looking forward to their Wizards works but unfortunately it got canned coming over here. Now we see this.... :toed:

4. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

I've been getting the Star Wars Fact Files since they were released here in New Zealand with absolutely no problems (other than the silly postie insisting on trying to fold them to put through the letter slot rather than rolling them in the newspaper hole :stupid1: ), including sending back issues that have missing pages and quickly getting a replacement. I've currently got up to issue 121 contained in 7 binders, with more still to come every month. :)

I get mine straight from the distributor and recently there has been messages on the invoices telling people that they are still waiting for some issues to be reprinted, but that hasn't affected me - it must just be those who started collecting later and needed older / back issues. I haven't actually seen any issues on magazine shelves in the shops for a LONG LONG time though.

Originally there were going to be 120 issues plus an index (the inside-cover for issue 120 still says "next week" will be the index), but they extended the series and it now evidently has ended at issue 140 (plus index), which means no Episode III information or anything from future EU sources. :(

I'll see what these new magazines and figures look like before I think about whether or not to get them as well ... IF they actually get down here.

5. Darth Aussie

Darth Aussie Australian Sith Lord

How true Buzz....

6. Nightwing

Nightwing New Recruit

yeah, right! These mags scream for new material. My cuz got the Star trek version of this and it went on for 500+ issues : and it hadn't stopped even by that number!