Count Dooku 12" ... Hasbro Has Done It Again!

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
<CENTER>COUNT DOOKU
HASBRO HAS DONE IT AGAIN
</CENTER>

<CENTER> By Ishi Tib</CENTER>

A new wave of twelve inch scale figures is now slowly showing up at retailers everywhere. The sculpts, all three from Attack of Clones, offer the plastic incarnations of the tougher, more independent infantry force the Super Battle Droid, the Clawdite shape-shifter female bounty hunter Zam Wesell and the dangerous and elegant former Jedi Master turned into Separatist leader Count Dooku.

Hasbro has truly been improving the sculpt and bodies of these "giants" from the Star Wars line, at least in a great number of their latest offerings. Ever since the release of the Scout Trooper and Speeder bike, one of the best if not the best 12" set produced by the company, we started to notice an improvement geared towards the 12" line and as a result we have been awarded with such nicely detailed sculpts as the Bounty Hunters trio, the 100th Edition Luke and more recently the amazing Jango Fett and Ki-Adi Mundi.

<CENTER>LIKENESS</CENTER>

It is now that another character has come to join this group of finely developed sculpts. Count Dooku is all for all an uncanny representation of actor Christopher Lee, showing a remarkable likeness, properly fitting robes, beautifully detailed lightsaber and incredible 14 points of articulation.

At times, it is hard to tell while looking at a picture, whether it is the actor we are looking at or the figure itself. Dooku's beard has been sculpted meticulously and painted properly showing the right amount of gray. His wavy hair has been rendered well, following a combed back pattern and having the right amount of gray highlights as well. The droopy face of the Count is another well capture characteristic; bags under his eyes, wrinkles on his forehead and pointy cheek bones can easily be noticed.

<CENTER>ARTICULATION</CENTER>

Besides the usual articulated body points such as neck, shoulders, elbows, waist, hips and knees, Dooku presents also articulation at the wrists and fingers, allowing for a more natural, more realistic hold of his saber. His hands will close an open with ease and both of his index fingers can be individually positioned in an arrogant "I want you" command. His neck offers ball socket-like articulation giving the head the ability to be tilted back and forward further than with the usual peg joint. As a consequence of this improvement more realistic head poses can be achieved.

<CENTER>OUTFIT AND ACCESSORY</CENTER>

His inner black outfit is made of a soft, easy to arrange material, bunching up and creating wrinkles at the right places. His cape has a rough texture to it, yet it is easily manageable and can be moved around and shaped without complications. The plastic chain securing the cape around his neck clips off at one end thus permitting the removal of the garment.

Around Dooku's waist, the thick brown belt provided features a clip where the curved lightsaber hilt can be mounted on. The lightsaber offers a detachable blade which requires a little bit of effort to be removed but nevertheless it is a good tight fit with the hilt and therefore eliminates any fear of it coming off.

<CENTER>FIGURE INFORMATION</CENTER>

NAME OF FIGURE: Count Dooku
STAMPED DIGITS: 21781
PROOF OF PURCHASE DIGITS: 7693032499
FIGURE NUMBER: Action Collection Wave 3
ACCESSORIES: Lightsaber with removable blade

<CENTER>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</CENTER>

Take a look now at the detailed pictures below and feel free to share your comments and opinions with us. We'd love to hear what you think. Enjoy!

<CENTER>Ishi Tib</CENTER

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
DOOKU 1

Attachments

• attack of the clones wave2835v.jpg
    attack of the clones wave2835v.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 739

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Having just bought the Count Dooku and also the Super Battle Droid this weekend i can certainly say the Dooku would have to be one of the best 12'' figures yet..the Super Battle Droid isn't too far behind as well

Nightwing

New Recruit
Thanks for the pics, Ishi.

Ever since I saw your picture of him from CII, I knew I wanted him. I stopped by quickly at KB yesterday, but they didn't have him :(

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Even though I am not a big collector of 12" figures mostly because they are too expensive, I might get that figure because it really is a great sculpt. The 3 3/4 Dooku has a face that looks to be very sad...not creepy

han solo

Friend of a Wookie
I agree that this 12" fig is by far a great likeness and one of the best 12" hasbro has made for the EP2 line(and maybe the entire 12" line! :D )
I sure am glad I made a trade for him!
darth aussie, how is the SBD? how many points of articulation does he have?
as always great pics Ishi!

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
if i'm right 8 points(correct me if i'm wrong Ishi) of articulation Han...i'm not an opener , just what i can see from the window panel. Awesome replica with great detail paid to the paintwork and sculpt. The body has battle dents and scars which make for a great looking figure. Some may say it's just a bit bland but i think it's a hell of a lot better than Zam 12"

IJ-88

New Recruit
I have to agree that the 12" Dooku is one of the sweetest SW 12" figures currently avaliable....even if he's a wisker short.

The SBD is also a nice figure...as Darth Aussie says, nice sculpt and paint apps, though perhaps lacking in the articulation department. If Hasbro had included the ability to rotate the right forearm into a firing position and perhaps some kind of waist articulation(difficult in this case I know), then the SBD may well have been almost perfect as well.