Costume Project: Padme Mustafar Outfit

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by wookiee_cookiee, Aug 1, 2005.

1. wookiee_cookiee

wookiee_cookiee Moderator Staff Member

So...I decided to try and make a SW costume. I think this one is the easiest one out there right now. Today I bought a tunic pattern that was recommended by another fan that made this costume. I'm going to make the tunic out of micro suede. The only part I'm stumped on is the harness/pin/buckle part. I guess I'm going to use sculpty or liquid sculpty, which I've never even seen before. :p I'll post updates here!

The pics are from the Padawan's Guide.

Attached Files:

2. Borsk

Borsk Administrator Staff Member

Planning on being pregnant for Halloween? :D

3. wookiee_cookiee

I don't think I have enough time to get as pregnant as Padme is. :p

4. JediSearch

JediSearch S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops

That's cool WC! Looking forward to updates on the project.

5. wookiee_cookiee

Well, today we got the tunic fabric pieces cut. I still have to find some boots and leather for the harness, if anyone has any (relatively cheap) suggestions... :bunny:

6. Alf

Alf Agent

Tomorrow I have to attempt the sewing. :stupid1:

I'm a bit rusty haven't made something like this since high school.

7. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Can't wait to see the end result!

8. JediSearch

9. wookiee_cookiee

Yes, I have that page on my favorites list, so I keep looking at it. I'm using the pattern she suggested. Thanks though!!

What I really need is a pic of the back, so I can see her hair and how the harness looks. I've got a few, but I'd like a better one. :p

Attached Files:

10. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Its all getting far too technical for me ;)

11. JediSearch

Sorry, I couldn't find anything better than what you already have. I'll let you know if I see one though.

12. wookiee_cookiee

Thank you, I appreciate it. I bought some brown knee high boots this week. They aren't suede, they are leather, but they are comfortable. :) Next weekend I'm going to a sw prop/costume making party, so hopefully I can get a good chunk of theis project finished...lol.

13. JediSearch

Awesome! Can't wait for the update. I'm starting to work on my Sandtrooper armor. First step - convince my wife it's the thing to do.
    :argue:

14. Alf

Alf Agent

We made some progress :) The collar is attached to the top of the tunic. If it doesn't look right we'll have to redesign it. The arm thingies are almost done. I need to embroider the design and maybe alter them so they don't slide.

The people at the costume sewing party were awesome. They were helpful and got us motivated.

15. JediSearch

That's great! Can't wait for pics.

16. Alf

Alf Agent

Here's a couple pictures. I'm still working on the tunic. The symbol I made looks a little like the real one.

Attached Files:

17. JediSearch

That looks fantastic! Nice work.

18. wookiee_cookiee

I picked up some super sculpey today, I'm not really sure how this stuff works. I've been playing with it, but I don't know how I'm going to make it into the pin and brooch. I've got a whole pound, so I can have a lot of messed up ones..lol.

19. JediSearch

That sounds like fun!

20. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Definitely sounds like tons of fun!

Where do you get sculpey and what does it look like? Heard about it before, but never actually seen any.