Collectible of the Day 249 - Darth Vader and Royal Guard Roller Skates

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
9372970930_4c32f74cd2_c.jpg

It's been a while since I've updated with a new collectible. I've been both busy, and frustrated with only finding new Angry Birds Star Wars items to report. Don't get me wrong, Angry Birds is fun, but not really my area of interest. So, I decided to go out and find some vintage items. :)

Today we will take a look at the Brookfield Athletic roller skates, from 1983. Brookfield made two different sets of roller skates: the Vader and Guards pair, seen here, and a white pair featuring Wicket the Ewok. The Wicket box art also featured Princess Kneesaa. These roller skates originally had red laces, and came in a variety of child shoe sizes. Brookfield also produced both pairs as ice skates.

These two skates were the only vintage roller skates produced. In the modern era of collecting, there have been a few other roller and inline skates produced, mainly for Episode I in 1999, as well as some X-Wing and TIE Fighter themed skates produced the same year. More recently, a Clone Wars set of training skates was also made.

9372968610_25fcbc7b43_c.jpg

9372966774_98497ff0cf_c.jpg

9372965464_b4fd42cf13_z.jpg