Collectible of the Day 244 - Fighter Pods Store Display

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
8981009028_d7540ea6ee_c.jpg

The first and probably most exciting acquisition of our road trip was a Fighter Pods store display. These were found primarily in Walmart stores, mounted to the pegboard and stuffed full of Fighter Pods blind packs. Walmart recently clearanced out its Fighter Pods, and has begun removing these displays. I found this sitting on a shelf in the clearance aisle of a rural Walmart at 3am, and was kindly given permission to take it if I purchased their last remaining blind pack.

For a Fighter Pod collector, this is probably the coolest piece to get, short of a 4-foot tall convention display from Hasbro itself. It measures about 15 inches across, and features Star Wars graphics across the front. The interior could easily hold a case or more of Fighter Pods blind packs. It has a red metal post protruding from the back, allowing it to be mounted on pegboard at varying distances. It was manufactured for Hasbro by United Displaycraft.

8979812843_f44a088559_z.jpg

8979811751_0cd474c8ed_z.jpg

8981007674_9bd170fe5e_z.jpg

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I stayed in the car because I had been asleep and Warren comes out with this giant Fighter Pod-- it was too funny.