Collectible of the Day 229 - Star Wars Mimobot Stickers

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
8445463751_31eea57919_z.jpg

Here is a series of promotional stickers by Mimoco. Given away at conventions, this pack originally contained 27 stickers promoting various Mimobot flash drives. This is perhaps a cheaper alternative to getting the flash drives themselves, which seldom sell for less than $20.00. There are nine Star Wars stickers in the set, all pictured above.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Someone on the Star Wars New Zealand forums posted a couple of days ago that The Warehouse chain of stores has Mimobot 4GB Star Wars flash drives on sale, but I've got a suspicion that they really meant the new more figure-like flash drives I posted about a few weeks ago. If I get time I'll have a look tomorrow or Friday.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
One would think that the value of Mimobots would *depreciate* with time, given that the memory size will get increasingly outdated. We only have one one Mimobot in our collection...conveniently a Royal Guard....that Erica won in an online contest. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I don't have any. In fact I've mostly been using CD-RW discs to transfer files around until very recently. I have got three USB flash drives - on small rectangular one for taking files to other people's offices, one ordinary rectangular one for backing up my work folders, and one that's shaped like a mouse used to back my own business documents like the balance sheet and invoices. I still use the CD-RW discs when taking stuff to be printed at the local digital print shop.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Rats! My old computer won't let me edit the message above ... I meant to say that although the Mimobot flash drives will depreciate in price, they were so horribly over-priced to begin with that they'll always be expensive for the storage space they offer. Even if they came down to $5 each, you'd be able to get other 4GB drives for only $1.