Collectible of the Day 074 - ROTJ Sleeping Bag

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
5867502844_27b67c6070.jpg
I recently won an auction for a Return of the Jedi sleeping bag. I had (and still own) a different ROTJ sleeping bag from when I was a kid. This one is in a different pattern though, sometimes referred to as the Return of the Jedi "Adventure" pattern. This includes graphics seen on other bags, including Ewoks, AT-STs, and Imperial Shuttles, but prominently features Darth Vader and a repeating pattern of Royal Guards.​
This, and other vintage sleeping bags, where all produced by the Bibb Co. They made nine different sleeping bags for the original trilogy, including one for Star Wars, four for Empire Strikes back, and four for Return of the Jedi.​
5866952749_8eb04998bf.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I haven't got any sleeping bags - ThinkGeek's TaunTaun is probably more fun, especially for (big) kids. ;)

I have got a set of pillow cases though which I got when I was little. We put a length of round dowl / bamboo into the top and bottom, with small hooks on the top one so they could be hung on the wall. These days they're in the cupbaord with the rest of my collection. I'll have to get some new batteries for the camera. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Those are awesome Buzz! I don't have any of those. I love the artwork on the Empire ones. Those are each from a different theme. For each pillowcase, there were matching sheets, bedspreads, and I think a sleeping bag. I have another pillowcase that I believe matches your first ESB one. Your ROTJ pillow case matches my childhood sleeping bag (not the one I just bought). Very nice. I've been collecting SW linens since I was little...used to be you could always find some at the local thrift store. When I lived in New Orleans I often picked up sheet sets....I just had to shop around, as some stores wanted (relatively) a lot of money, whereas others you could snag stuff for a buck or two.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I've had those since I was little too, but they've never been used as actually pillow cases. I vaguely remember having an older "Star Wars" one, but that was used and eventually worn out by the washing machine. :(

I have never had any of the other linen items though. I did have a "space war" rip-off bath towel at one stage, but that too wore out. About the only other thing I have along these sort of lines are a few T-shirts and a cap which came as freebies with magazines and in DVD Collector's Sets, and a pair of socks.