Collectible of the Day 050 - Inflatable Pepsi Can

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Collectible of the Day​

5331124064_e5b8ecd8a5.jpg

Today’s collectible is a large, inflatable Pepsi can produced for The Phantom Menace. It stands about three feet tall, is gold colored, and features Yoda on it. The actual metal Gold Yoda Pepsi can was a premium collectible can, not normally available in stores. Pepsi produced three different inflatable cans to be hung in retail stores, including Gold Yoda Pepsi, Blue Qui-Gon Jinn Pepsi, and a Green Jar Jar Binks Mountain Dew can.

5331125366_98b86f6b13.jpg

These inflatable cans were produced in large numbers, and could be found hanging in convenient stores, drug stores, and gas stations across the country. For Revenge of the Sith, Pepsi produced an inflatable yellow Jedi Starfighter. In recent years, a number of inflatable pool toys have been released, as have inflatable chairs for Episode I, and vintage Bop Bags and inflatable lightsabers. One drawback of inflatable collectibles is that they may get pinholes, that require repairing, not unlike a bicycle tire. The somewhat fragile nature of these items can make finding used ones a challenge. I purchased this can, along with a blue Qui-Gon can, in unused condition in an online auction for about $5 each.

Discuss this collectible here.

If you have an item you'd like to have featured, please PM me and provide a detailed description and a link to a medium sized, relatively in-focus photo. :)