Collectible of the Day 039 - Structors AT-ST Model

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Collectible of the Day​

5266686971_d787a646a1.jpg

Today’s collectible is a wind-up motorized model kit by MPC. MPC produced numerous Star Wars model kits for the original movies. For their Return of the Jedi line, they released three Structors Action Walkers models, including C-3PO, an AT-AT, and an AT-ST. While the AT-AT and C-3PO were relatively accurate looking, they took some liberties with the AT-ST’s appearance to create a fun wind-up kit. It looks like the front cannons on the walker move in and out while it walks. I’m not entirely certain on this point, as the box doesn’t specify one way or the other. The three Structors kits are a unique subset of the vintage model kit line, and were ahead of their time, bringing buildable Star Wars toys to the market more than a decade before Star Wars LEGOs, Transformers, and Steel Tech. To my knowledge, there were not any other “walking” vehicles until Galoob’s walking AT-AT in it’s Action Fleet line, and later the walking AT-RT in Hasbro’s Revenge of the Sith action figure line.

5267295382_aa4229215a.jpg

Discuss this collectible here.

If you have an item you'd like to have featured, please PM me and provide a detailed description and a link to a medium sized, relatively in-focus photo. :)